OST forum for non-VIPs (cartoons only?)

mcmxcixmm

Could this please be created? I don't care what happens to the current version (though I have no idea why OSTs and comics were stuck together), but it is a huge deterrent to uploading soundtracks here that most users cannot access them. Perhaps it could be restricted to cartoons only, if the anime community doesn't want this changed?

It is especially a problem given the very strong competition from ffshrine.org (which only requires registration to access links, no posts at all!) - personally I'm much more inclined to put soundtracks there instead because of this issue, even though I would vastly prefer to keep all cartoon stuff on this great site.

The main reason they were combined: no one was uploading them.

If there was enough interest and activity for it, I would be willing to separate the OST forum and move it out of the VIP section.

The reason comics/manga is VIP and will stay that way is because of the dozen or so DMCA's we got in years past (last one was like 6 years ago before we hid it), all of them except for 1 was comic/manga related.

Yes, oddly enough the copyright holders seem much more strict about sending letters for comics and mangas than anything else.

Years ago we were affiliates with FFShrine (back when my site Forgotten Memories was still around).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Koby said:

The main reason they were combined: no one was uploading them.

If there was enough interest and activity for it, I would be willing to separate the OST forum and move it out of the VIP section.

The reason comics/manga is VIP and will stay that way is because of the dozen or so DMCA's we got in years past (last one was like 6 years ago before we hid it), all of them except for 1 was comic/manga related.

Yes, oddly enough the copyright holders seem much more strict about sending letters for comics and mangas than anything else.

Years ago we were affiliates with FFShrine (back when my site Forgotten Memories was still around).

Well, that certainly explains the comics part - always interesting to read a bit of history about this site.

But I think that if there were a dedicated OST forum, it would be used more. It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem, so the only way to really know is to create a separate forum and see what happens. And in any case, as long as the soundtracks remain hidden under VIP access I think it's going to be quite tough to get anyone to post them...

12 minutes ago, mcmxcixmm said:

I think that if there were a dedicated OST forum, it would be used more. It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem, so the only way to really know is to create a separate forum and see what happens. And in any case, as long as the soundtracks remain hidden under VIP access I think it's going to be quite tough to get anyone to post them...

Yeah, it certainly is. Though like I said, they were joined together because interest/activity for OST seemed non-existent and so the section didn't seem to hold it's own. Times have changed, new uploaders are around, etc... so maybe there is renewed interest?

Hmm, if we can get 3-4 people who say they're willing to upload and maintain activity in the OST section if it was separated and removed from VIP, I'd be willing to give it another try.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...