Private Messages not removed

I'm trying to clean my inbox a bit, but when I try to delete some of the conversations it keeps existing and my messenger storage stays at 95%. It seems to happen at random, but how father back in time I go most of the time it will fail to delete. Can anyone help me to find a way to delete them or to increase my inbox size if deleting is impossible?

On 7/12/2018 at 5:21 AM, misseps said:

I'm trying to clean my inbox a bit, but when I try to delete some of the conversations it keeps existing and my messenger storage stays at 95%. It seems to happen at random, but how father back in time I go most of the time it will fail to delete. Can anyone help me to find a way to delete them or to increase my inbox size if deleting is impossible?

I can see if any errors were thrown in the backend. I haven't been able to look at the site as literally the only free time I have to do things with it is on Saturdays, and I'm really one of the only ones who can dig that deeply. I'll take a look at it Saturday and get back to you.

3 hours ago, IkarosBD said:

I can see if any errors were thrown in the backend. I haven't been able to look at the site as literally the only free time I have to do things with it is on Saturdays, and I'm really one of the only ones who can dig that deeply. I'll take a look at it Saturday and get back to you.

Thanks!

@misseps - I was able to delete a few of my older PM conversations fine, and the counters properly updated. No errors are being thrown in the backend far as I'm able to tell (and believe me we log EVERY error that gets thrown!).

For your case I went directly into the database, found an old conversation ID (note: NOT the actual conversation itself, I can't actually read your PMs), and deleted any references from the database that referenced that conversation ID AND your user ID. You should probably notice that one conversation now missing from your list. Could you try deleting another single conversation for me? I'm starting to zero in on what I THINK the problem could possibly be.

2 hours ago, IkarosBD said:

@misseps - I was able to delete a few of my older PM conversations fine, and the counters properly updated. No errors are being thrown in the backend far as I'm able to tell (and believe me we log EVERY error that gets thrown!).

For your case I went directly into the database, found an old conversation ID (note: NOT the actual conversation itself, I can't actually read your PMs), and deleted any references from the database that referenced that conversation ID AND your user ID. You should probably notice that one conversation now missing from your list. Could you try deleting another single conversation for me? I'm starting to zero in on what I THINK the problem could possibly be.

Conversation with ID 19943 (I guess?) is one of them that cannot be deleted.

3 hours ago, misseps said:

Here you go:

Ok, looking at the database (and doing a little date-time conversion since the timedate is stored in UNIX style timestamps), each of the conversation IDs you've given me have a last-active-at age of 1 year or greater. I'd like your permission to manually delete these IDs for you (since I'd be doing more than one this time). Note that I may not actually be able to get to it today as I have full-time work I must rest up for, but rest assured I'll poke at it Mon/Tues at the very least in the evenings (probably around 7:30 PM CDT).

EDIT: I've TEMPORARILY increased your inbox size. Once I resolve the issue, I'll restore its original size.

Edited by IkarosBD

8 hours ago, IkarosBD said:

Ok, looking at the database (and doing a little date-time conversion since the timedate is stored in UNIX style timestamps), each of the conversation IDs you've given me have a last-active-at age of 1 year or greater. I'd like your permission to manually delete these IDs for you (since I'd be doing more than one this time). Note that I may not actually be able to get to it today as I have full-time work I must rest up for, but rest assured I'll poke at it Mon/Tues at the very least in the evenings (probably around 7:30 PM CDT).

EDIT: I've TEMPORARILY increased your inbox size. Once I resolve the issue, I'll restore its original size.

Don't worry, take your time. You can delete those IDs.

Thanks!