Steins;Gate 0

Koby

Synopsis

The dark untold story of Steins;Gate that leads with the eccentric mad scientist Okabe, struggling to recover from a failed attempt at rescuing Kurisu. He decides to give up and abandons his lively scientist alter ego, in pursuit to forget the past. When all seems to be normal, he is seemingly pulled back into the past by meeting an acquaintance of Kurisu, who tells him that they have begun testing a device that stores the memory of a human and creates a simulation of them with their characteristics and personalities. Okabe begins testing and finds out that the simulation of Kurisu has brought back anguish and some new unexpected tragedies.

Zero is a side story that explores events from the Beta Attractor Field's future that contribute in making the end of the original story possible.

• 1 month later...

Normally I hate anime-original content, but the small additions they've added here or there really help build the scene and add to the overall feel of this show. Loving it so far, but I ended up not being able to wait for the dub so I've been watching it in Japanese.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The first season is a lot of fun, has good comedy, good drama, good sci-fi themes that make you think and is somewhat based on real life conspiracy theory but all in good fun.
The characters are all very well written, so much so that you tend to forget the unbelievable and parodic nature of the plot.
The animation and cinematography are both really efficient. It's very enjoyable.

In my opinion this second season (10 episodes so far) is very poor in comparison. There is practically no comedy to be found as the main character is sad and traumatized from the get go. The situations and relations feel forced and the dialogue is especially bad. I can tell the voice actors had a hard time to convey anything.
The biggest let down is the animation (or lack thereof half of the time) and the cinematography which is really average, with lots of panning and camera shake on non animated shots. It also seems that there was not enough quality control over the regularity of the characters' design.

That said, the 8th episode had better overall quality with some decent animation here and there, so all hope is not lost for the rest of the show.

Edited by Paul Naure

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/19/2018 at 3:53 AM, BMgokuk said:

Hi guys, for now I have stopped this anime because I want to watch in one go. Could somebody tell me how it is going on.. I don't need the plot. Just tell me whether it is going good or bad..?

It had an awesome start but i hate to say they really wasted a lot of time in the middle and thus when it is about to end they are forced to pace up real hard and thus a lot of content to understand in small amount of time.. let us see how they wind up everything in their last episode today!

• 2 weeks later...

I mean the show was meant to be his symbol of darkness and loss since it starts with episode 23Beta of Steins;Gate and then continues down this path. It's meant to show what happened while he searched for Stein;s Gate. Since we know it didn't happen from the beginning. After all he'd not have needed to send those messages. He didn't know he needed to at that point. So I think it went decently well overall but it was a little slow towards the middle haha

• 2 weeks later...