Sign in to follow this  
thedoctor2014

Online Gaming Fatigue

I am probably using the wrong word for this, but am I the only one who feels sick and tired of the communities in so many games that have nothing but toxic levels of hate for most every other gamer? Where people treat new players like total garbage when they themselves were once just as new? And it seems like the toxicness is spreading to social media too which makes me glad I never got much into a lot of it. It seems every time you read an article, no matter what it is about, you get people calling each other libratards, trumptards, and so many other things. I'm American, but all this hatefulness and division makes me worry about the future of our country and the human race if this keeps up. We won't have to worry about being nuked or anything because all these people will end up just killing each other if something isn't done to stop it.

You're not alone. It's the only reason I avoid online competitive games, and stick to co-op and single player. No matter what the pvp game is, there's someone whose good time involves ruining your good time, and it's all best avoided.

I stopped playing online a lot about 10 years ago.

Unless I know the person, it's just not worth the headache.