Boyfriend/Girlfriend thread

ElementalCards

If one exists, then it's probably old.

I've been single all my life, though I had 3 cases where it was "so close yet so far away". The rest were just huge embarassments to me because much of the girls I've met since 2010 all came to me with the story that they already have a special someone or they're married.

Edited by ElementalCards

• 6 months later...

I've only had two "real" girlfriends in my life, though I went through some of the usual elementary school and middle school "relationship" stuff. I've been with my second girlfriend for seven years, and we've lived together for a few of those. Things are good. The boat isn't rocking. I think if this relationship ever went under I wouldn't likely throw myself back into the "dating scene" again. When I first started going out with my current partner I was younger. Now that I'm older and understand myself better, I realize that I wouldn't be happy pursuing another romantic partner. When I was younger it would upset me that I didn't have many friends or close connections, but now I've made my peace with the fact that it wasn't connection I was after, but merely not to be actively hated. I don't need people, emotionally, and if I lost who I had now I wouldn't try to replace them. This isn't to say that I don't very much love the person that I'm with now, but that love is no longer a prerequisite to my own happiness.

Edited by PhoenixPress

• 4 weeks later...

Wow that's a lot man. I've only had the one I have now. I started dating out of High School because I had a car and stuff. I only had a few close to getting relationships in High School. The first one was stolen from me before I could even date her, but she liked me too. The second got mad at me because I didn't want to be around her friends who hated me, so she took the easy way out. The third I met on Omegle, lol... That didn't last too long though being long distance. I don't know if she would could as my true first girlfriend. I then dated some online and a few in person, and I met the girl I'm with now from online at the end of 2015. I still have depression when I'm with no one though. I felt very lonely because it took a long time to fine the person I have now. Unlike @PhoenixPress, love is still a prerequisite to my happiness. I don't really know how to be happy without a romantic partner unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel where you guys are coming from.  When I was younger I would be paralyzed around females and for the most part avoided situations where I might interact.  Since I was an introvert, but wanted more than anything to get laid, it took a decided effort for me to overcome this.  I knew I would fail multiple times, but I just came to the conclusion that it was how things had to be.  Gird your ego for some crushing defeats.  I remember one disastrous phone call with me stuttering my way through (never heard back from her) and then some really bad dates (do people still do that?), but not as many as you might think.  

The solution was two-prong.  One, get confidence in yourself.  A large issue for me was body image, so I started working out, but not crazy.  Three times a week at the gym makes a HUGE difference both physically and mentally.  Just do what you can to clean yourself up like you would do if you were selling your used car.  YMMV, since I had a buddy in college who was a total slob yet reeled in so many girls it made me insane with envy.  Two, realize that women are just people and there are billions of them in the world.  It may sound cynical, but there is no special "one" out there for you, but likely millions.  Is your thing Pokemon?  I saw a cute girl at the library last week decked out in her Pokemon hunting clothes with a charazard poking out of the top of her backpack.  Those chicks are out there and there are lots of them.

Anyway, that's my advice.  It's always easier said than done.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SaurusX said:

I feel where you guys are coming from.  When I was younger I would be paralyzed around females and for the most part avoided situations where I might interact.  Since I was an introvert, but wanted more than anything to get laid, it took a decided effort for me to overcome this.  I knew I would fail multiple times, but I just came to the conclusion that it was how things had to be.  Gird your ego for some crushing defeats.  I remember one disastrous phone call with me stuttering my way through (never heard back from her) and then some really bad dates (do people still do that?), but not as many as you might think.  

The solution was two-prong.  One, get confidence in yourself.  A large issue for me was body image, so I started working out, but not crazy.  Three times a week at the gym makes a HUGE difference both physically and mentally.  Just do what you can to clean yourself up like you would do if you were selling your used car.  YMMV, since I had a buddy in college who was a total slob yet reeled in so many girls it made me insane with envy.  Two, realize that women are just people and there are billions of them in the world.  It may sound cynical, but there is no special "one" out there for you, but likely millions.  Is your thing Pokemon?  I saw a cute girl at the library last week decked out in her Pokemon hunting clothes with a charazard poking out of the top of her backpack.  Those chicks are out there and there are lots of them.

Anyway, that's my advice.  It's always easier said than done.

Thanks for the advice but sorry cos I don't really need it.

I do chicken out when talking to girls but I suppose that's just how I am.

I am physically well maintained (atleast that's what I think) & u can check out my photo in the "Kametsu members photo" section in "Balamb Café" (the latest post).

I've never tried approaching girls eventhough they approach me cos I think that I would be cheating my wife (to be, in about 10 yrs).