Graphic request..2 sites

Polymath

I have been refered here by Koby. What a site!! The information here is really really good and you all seem to be very helpfull. So helpfull infact I decided to see if someone would like to make a banner/logo for my other site as well.

The first site I require graphics for is my New Zealand Kiwitopsite http://www.kiwitopsite.co.nz/

Text : KiwiTopsites

Sub-Text (Other text): (animated) Vote For Us At

Size (Sigs are normally 350x140 or 400x100) (avatars are 100x100) (Buttons are 88x31 or 88x15): 88x31

Images (Links Appreciated, we cannot offer to find images for you):

Color Scheme:

Kind of Graphic: Button

Things to Avoid:

Other Comments: Im not any good at art or schemes or graphics. I would like it to be your choice..you all seem professional. Can they be .png..and numbered 1-10 and a neutral one. There is one on the bottom of kiwitopsite for the idea. A glass(?) look if you know what I mean by that...umm I assume most know what a topsite does and is will have a fair idea.

This is a banner I use at exchanges http://www.kiwitopsite.co.nz/Joina.gif

Thanks....

The second one is for my online Arcade site http://www.gamesocket.geek.nz .

I'm after a new banner logo at the top of the page.

Text : GameSocket© - Premium Arcade

Sub-Text (Other text):

Size (Sigs are normally 350x140 or 400x100) (avatars are 100x100) (Buttons are 88x31 or 88x15): 919x107

Images (Links Appreciated, we cannot offer to find images for you):

Color Scheme: ???

Kind of Graphic: banner/logo/header

Things to Avoid:

Other Comments: I love to have something like is at the home page to this site. The site is simple machines so not all that great..so I think a new banner would give the impression of fancy.

Sorry but I just don't know alot of images and arty stuff..or really what I want.

Thanks....

On the first request you say place: KiwiTopsites and Vote For Us At with animation, then you say make buttons 1-10.. so are you also wanting the buttons to have the rank such as KiwiTopsites (first slide), Vote For Us At (2nd slide), #1 (3rd slide)?

I'll see about getting the basic design down, dunno if I can get it to look exactly like glass but perhaps a small glass appeal to it.

Yeah thanks Koby. I get emails from prospective members saying that they don't understand what the buttons are for because it has no vote for us as they expect.

New Zealanders in my experience are a few years behind the rest of the world and don't trust or understand the internet. I would say they are a bit slow at marketing and knowing what something is and need to have things explained indepth.

You could tell them or place some text on your topsite saying:

The button.php file is what tracks the hits coming from your site. It will count each unique visitor, and each pageload. The link to our topsite with the button will count your hits in showing how many hits you have sent to our topsite, and your link on our topsite list will count hits out when clicked showing how many hits we have sent you.

So you must have the button code on every page you wish to count for, or your site won't be ranked.

Perhaps that'd help them understand a little?

Something like this. I can't do PSD..

But If you got something more professional I all eyes for it. Open minded.

Cheers

Sort of a grey background or something that is neutral for all kinds of site. Check out Kiwitopsite and you may get a color thought that I don't see.

Usa.gif

As I say I'm not a visual person. You may know what makes people click

Maybe a little bigger. That looks kinda small...don't you think?

Alright a few things, I'm not so good at animation works, and I can't save an animated image as anything but .gif sorry.

However here is what I came up with.. let me know if you like it, don't like it, or want something changed. When we get a result you like then I will make the other buttons for it.

kiwitopsitesfr4.gif

Geepers Koby.

Don't be sorry..your doing something for nothin' (well I tend to put helpers sites links on my sites)

The color is good as it goes with the site theme. Can KiwiTopsites be one size bigger?

I've saved it to a folder. I can do gifs(sort of) so I might just have to bite the bullet and accept it.

.gifs would be better for me anyway..it just means I have to inform members to change botton codes.

It does look more professional than what I got(they came with the skin).

I will be grateful to whatever I am supplied with as my designing is not to good. I tend to slap things together and see if it works.

Thanks...carry on ;D

Yeah, I've changed the buttons for the topsite. Thats all good. Looks good too.

As for logo banner it is in style.css for me. worked that out. Take a look.

Ok I worked it out. That one looks wrong. Plus the text needs to be middle or left.

What I'll do is put it in and see what it looks like... take a look. Maybe I am wrong on the type :-\

http://www.gamesocket.geek.nz