That one person...

pinkmattered

Okay, ignore the ominous title, I'm talking about that one person who will make you watch a movie/TV show, no matter the reviews or ratings, that one actor or director or studio that will make you watch a movie no matter what (and sometimes you'll regret it)

there are too many actors for me to name - and I have watched so many terrible movies for them all - but I will watch anything directed by Ava Duvernay and anything made by the company Laika and neither ever disappoint

My main man John Kricfalusi and any of his Spumco alumni, past or present. Anything from my 20s-50s guys: Tex Avery, Bob Clampett, Chuck Jones, Frank Tashlin, Ben Hardaway, Preston Blair, I can go on forever. I'll fuck with anything by Kentaro Miura, Akira Toriyama, Katsuhiro Otomo, Shinichirō Watanabe, Hayao Miyazaki, Kazuo Koike and One concerning anime/manga. I have all of Miura's english translated work in print (King of Wolves, Japan, Giganto Maxia, and ofc Berserk although I only have volumes 1-19 so far). For actors I'll give shit I normally wouldn't a chance for Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan or Jean Claude Van Damme (the last of whom has been in some absolutely awful movies, his most recent one "Kill 'Em All' was pure shit). I'll watch absolutely anything with Danny McBride, fucking hilarious. Also Bruce Timm, but I want heavy involvement, not just him doing character designs and minimal amounts of writing, I want him all over it, which is why I'm so looking forward to the next DC Animated movie:DI don't think he's been this involved in anything animated since Gods and Monsters. Could you imagine how crazy Batman TAS would have been if he was as involved/in control of the animation as John K was on the first 2 seasons of Ren & Stimpy? It'd fucking blow you away. If you really wanna see Timm work the storyboards watch some Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures, you'll see what I mean. I don't want a bunch of overseas sub contracted animators misinterpreting the Timm style giving us ok animation with Timm's character designs, I want Timm overlooking every little part of the animation process that he isn't doing himself.

Edited by DabDeity710

• 1 year later...