DAMON LINDELOF IN TALKS TO DEVELOP WATCHMEN SERIES FOR HBO

Dervell

Close to two years ago it was rumoured that there had been a conversation about adapting Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' "Watchmen" as an HBO television series, and now, it seems that Damon Lindelof may be the man to bring it to us. The potential project is still in the very early stages and no deals have been signed just yet, but Lindelof is currently in talks to develop the series for HBO. How about that.

There are plenty of people who have jumped aboard the Damon Lindelof bash-wagon over the years, either due to the finale of Lost or his rewrite of PROMETHEUS, but I'd like to imagine that his stellar work on HBO's The Leftovers has won a few people back. Damon Lindelof has long been a fan of "Watchmen," in fact, Lindelof has previously said that its use of flashbacks and non-liner storytelling inspired him to use similar techniques on Lost. Zack Snyder, who directed the live-action WATCHMEN film, was involved in those conversations with HBO back in 2015 but is no longer attached to the potential series.

With Game of Thrones set to come to an end within the next few years (not counting the possible prequels), HBO is likely in the market for their next big blockbuster series, and a deep dive into the world of "Watchmen" would certainly be that. There's the potential for something fantastic here, but it remains to be seen whether HBO will unleash the squid and make it happen.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/damon-lindelof-in-talks-to-develop-watchmen-series-for-hbo-113

• 3 years later...

Finally watched this one because everyone seems to rave about how good it is despite it getting canned. After watching it all I can think about it is that I can see why it was canned. I don't get what people loved about it. Mirrorman was pretty much the only likeable character in the show and the plot was mostly just a lot of contrived messes taped together. The whole sthick with Adrian pretty much made no sense and ended up not really having any merit to the overall plot. If it did somehow magically get renewed I'd have zero interest in returning to it.

19 hours ago, Koby said:

Finally watched this one because everyone seems to rave about how good it is despite it getting canned. After watching it all I can think about it is that I can see why it was canned. I don't get what people loved about it. Mirrorman was pretty much the only likeable character in the show and the plot was mostly just a lot of contrived messes taped together. The whole sthick with Adrian pretty much made no sense and ended up not really having any merit to the overall plot. If it did somehow magically get renewed I'd have zero interest in returning to it.

Finally!

Someone who shares my opinion!!