Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceitas (TV & Movie Editions)

Koby

RMl4DoF.jpg

MAL

Set in the land of Yuguto, the people thought that the land they live is the size of the world, but it’s actually divided into several areas, each with a respective king. Even though there were small wars among areas, the kings had roundtable meetings to maintain peace and balance. It was until a dark group of dark monsters appeared...

A trilogy movie series is being released and streamed on Crunchyroll with each movie being split into 4 parts. While a tv edition is also being broadcast during the same time. Only differences known so far is some slight music changes and that the TV series has both an OP and ED for every part, while the movie edition doesn't. Apparently the official site treats the movie edition as a sort of pre-screening and the tv series as the official method of watching the show from what I'm told.

FUNimation will be Simuldubbing the TV edition, while the Simulcast will be streaming on Crunchyroll.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, choro said:

The enemy in this show seems pretty powerful.

It strikes me that main characters have to employ special attacks with splendid visual effects to take down a single skeleton.

Yeah I've only watched two episodes myself (despite working on subtitles for 1-6 thus far), I found it kind of strange they seemed to be having a really hard time against ordinary enemies, to the point Aram had to reinforce them. This was after they used their flashy chain attacks and everything, and one of them still manages to get severely hurt. We're left on a cliffhanger at the end of episode 2, unknown if the guy is going to survive from being stabbed in the guts after he passed out on the ground. So I'm finding it kind of hard to believe how they ever managed to face the Black King in the first place prior to the beginning of the series.

• Like 1

This series is based on a mobile version of the same game. I haven't played the game, though, since the international server shut down before this started airing, so I'm not sure if it takes place before or after. The fact it is based on a game that involves chain attacks, though, is likely why they use them in the show. There are also leaders that are stronger than the smallfry. The energy drain also never happened until after their defeat by the Black King, but the one person they meet up with has a superior ability to control mana, which essentially means he isn't too affected by the energy drain effect of the enemy leaders. It will likely be a bit confusing unless they explain things for those who haven't played the game. That is just what I have pieced together so far from not playing the game. I am also just on Episode 2, since I am watching the simuldub instead of the simulcast.

Edited by ragnawind

18 minutes ago, ragnawind said:

This series is based on a mobile version of the same game. I haven't played the game, though, since the international server shut down before this started airing, so I'm not sure if it takes place before or after. The fact it is based on a game that involves chain attacks, though, is likely why they use them in the show. There are also leaders that are stronger than the smallfry. The energy drain also never happened until after their defeat by the Black King, but the one person they meet up with has a superior ability to control mana, which essentially means he isn't too affected by the energy drain effect of the enemy leaders. It will likely be a bit confusing unless they explain things for those who haven't played the game. That is just what I have pieced together so far from not playing the game. I am also just on Episode 2, since I am watching the simuldub instead of the simulcast.

I'm pretty sure everyone who has watched 2 episodes has gathered that... That is exactly what we're talking about though. They couldn't even beat the 'smallfry' without Aram's help and one of them possibly dying. As for where this is set in correlation to the game... from what I'm read, the anime picks up about the half-way point of the game. But to me it feels like a refreshing starting point, to start after the main groups defeat and having to recover, rather than starting from square one. The story seems to be focusing on Aram who is new to the group anyways so we're learning about the group and their history through interactions with him thus it doesn't feel like I'm missing out on any knowledge that would require me to play the game to enjoy the show, which is a good thing. So far it seems like a nice show, even if it's slightly generic. The only gripe we seem to have is that the main group who has apparently already attempted their goal and failed, somehow seem to be as weak as you'd expect a bunch of people who just started their video game quest to be. As in these people don't seem like high-level warriors at all, which is what I'd suspect given where we are at in the story.

• Like 1