copying disk problems, i/o device error -poweriso

Smileyyakadoo

I thought PowerISO was a good program to make an iso from dvd easy, now having problems 46% extracting.

"The request could not be performed because I/O device error"

tried on my crappy laptop and vmware win7 on my hackintosh. recently did make an image of another disk of peanuts before this one and worked a.o.k.

any reason i should try? or another program? and yes its unlock with a key, not patched.

edit: but was able to grab the video contents from freemake.

Edited by Smileyyakadoo

14 hours ago, Smileyyakadoo said:

I thought PowerISO was a good program to make an iso from dvd easy, now having problems 46% extracting.

"The request could not be performed because I/O device error"

tried on my crappy laptop and vmware win7 on my hackintosh. recently did make an image of another disk of peanuts before this one and worked a.o.k.

any reason i should try? or another program? and yes its unlock with a key, not patched.

edit: but was able to grab the video contents from freemake.

I had a problem with a disc drive failing on discs from a certain label only, I thought it was some sort of copyright protection - when I sent laptop off for repairs after the dog knocked it off the table including stuff I never noticed before - such as screen, mouse pad and apparently the disc drive was actually slowly dying.  Not bad seen as I only paid the excess for keyboard and not booting into windows. 

Edited by jessex1990