Seedbox without Traffic Limit?

DJHulp

Just to throw another option out there, you could go the DIY route with a seedbox and set one up with something like a raspberry Pi or a decent spare PC.

No restrictions, can do what ever the hell you want, and if setup securely will be fine through ISP's etc etc.

Generic link

http://www.howtogeek.com/142044/how-to-turn-a-raspberry-pi-into-an-always-on-bittorrent-box/ 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

Just to throw another option out there, you could go the DIY route with a seedbox and set one up with something like a raspberry Pi or a decent spare PC.

No restrictions, can do what ever the hell you want, and if setup securely will be fine through ISP's etc etc.

Generic link

http://www.howtogeek.com/142044/how-to-turn-a-raspberry-pi-into-an-always-on-bittorrent-box/ 

Problem is that my Internet Provider can't Port Fortward, is it still possible then to use for Private Trackers to seed back?

That's the Reason that I need a Seedbox, otherwise I just can use my Main PC for Seeding Back!

Edited by DJHulp

8 hours ago, DJHulp said:

Problem is that my Internet Provider can't Port Fortward, is it still possible then to use for Private Trackers to seed back?

That's the Reason that I need a Seedbox, otherwise I just can use my Main PC for Seeding Back!

Cant you just allow port forwarding from your router/modem? 

I didnt think ISP's could block port forwarding/yet alone control them...

Change your ISP :P 

2 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Cant you just allow port forwarding from your router/modem? 

I didnt think ISP's could block port forwarding/yet alone control them...

Change your ISP :P 

Can't you just allow port forwarding from your router/modem? 

No, I ask now for more then 10 years by know, and it isn't possible there! :( 

And yes, they can control it here, because it's all arround where I live, everbody got the same problem with the same provider. :( 

If it was that easy to change, I did:

But If I change it then I never have Cheaper, Internet a Month.

120Mbits €30 a Month, usally try that to find here and you definally will pay more then €50/€60 a Month for the same amount of Speed!

Also we don't get all Providers here, so I must choose from arround 3 IPS and that's it. :( 

Edited by DJHulp

Well if any of you do get a Kimsufi server or dedicated one. If you ask nicely enough on Xertion IRC either on #IPHONE channel or #Kametsu channel I can set it up for you. Honestly speaking, took me about 1-2 hour to get everything up and running with my domain with LAMP server /w certified SSL certs, vnc, rutorrent and other security features plus other shit I did on a shitty slow Atom CPU with 2GB of RAM. Yeah I'm cheap, went from nice server with some nice Intel CPU, 32GB RAM, 2TB Storage to some shitbox.

Pretty hard to get a cheap Kimsufi server, you got to sign up to one of those Kimsufi server checker notification service and pray to god when you receive the email it's not out of stock. Also if you don't live in EU, you can get VAT removed. So the server is about $5 USD a month and setup fees are about $10 USD.

26 minutes ago, ZeroPenguins said:

Pretty hard to get a cheap Kimsufi server, you got to sign up to one of those Kimsufi server checker notification service and pray to god when you receive the email it's not out of stock. Also if you don't live in EU, you can get VAT removed. So the server is about $5 USD a month and setup fees are about $10 USD.

What server checker notfication email service might you be refering to? I noticed they did sell a couple of the cheap servers today as well.

1 hour ago, ZeroPenguins said:

Well if any of you do get a Kimsufi server or dedicated one. If you ask nicely enough on Xertion IRC either on #IPHONE channel or #Kametsu channel I can set it up for you. Honestly speaking, took me about 1-2 hour to get everything up and running with my domain with LAMP server /w certified SSL certs, vnc, rutorrent and other security features plus other shit I did on a shitty slow Atom CPU with 2GB of RAM. Yeah I'm cheap, went from nice server with some nice Intel CPU, 32GB RAM, 2TB Storage to some shitbox.

I should note, the only location that gets the cheap Kimsufi server is the France. They get restocked every couple of days, while in US or CA it's every few months. So hence you got to apply for VAT removal.

• 9 months later...