Accel World: Infinite Burst

Koby

Accel World: Infinite Burst
mbaZzfX.jpg?1
MAL

Synopsis: In 2046, many aspects of life are carried out on a virtual network. No matter how advanced the time becomes, however, bullying never disappears. Haruyuki is one of the bullied students. However, one day he is contacted by Kuroyukihime, the most famous person in the school. "Wouldn't you like to 'accelerate' and go further ahead, boy?" Haruyuki is introduced to the "Accel World" and decides to fight as Kuroyukihime's knight.

Light novel publisher Dengeki Bunko announced at its Aki no Saiten 2015 event that Reki Kawahara's Accel World will receive a new anime adaptation titled Accel World: Infinite∞Burst. It will follow an original scenario written by Kawahara himself. The series previously received a TV anime series by Sunrise in 2012.

PV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2MdaEmyXlk

• Like 1

So this isn't a sequel but a re-imagining? I didn't mind the first series and would've liked a sequel to see where it went.

It's not a re-imagining, however from the announcement it does sound like it's possibly going to be an anime-original story, but that could just be a mistranslation and this could simply be season two of the source material.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/4/2016 at 9:14 AM, solfan said:

I was pretty unsatisfied with the ending to the first series, So I'm pretty happy to know it'll continue.

Sounds like this has nothing to do with the Orginial series and is its own stand alone story. Meaning the ending we have to the series is going to stay the ending we have for the forseeable future. Yeah I don't like the way it ended either and would love to see more to series we have.

1 hour ago, Topken said:

Sounds like this has nothing to do with the Orginial series and is its own stand alone story. Meaning the ending we have to the series is going to stay the ending we have for the forseeable future. Yeah I don't like the way it ended either and would love to see more to series we have.

Yeah, but anything is better than nothing. Especially when this movie can be used to gauge current interest in the series so they can figure out if it's worth it to do a second season. So if this does great sales wise, we could very likely see an announcement for another season. Have some hope! B|

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...