Has anyone played shenmue?

Toonamivhs

Has anyone played shenmue? What were your first thoughts about the game? Was anyone a late adopter of the Dreamcast? Did you buy a Dreamcast just for shenmue?

I was a very late adopter to the DC. I bought it 2011. I was too young to play it during its 2yr run. Anyhow, I love the game. Even though I had already seen worlds much bigge . The difference was. I never experienced a world so alive. It felt as though the NPCs had a life of their own. The story was compelling. The only complaint i have is the voice acting. It was bad. Yet it was a good kind of bad.

Bought Shenmue when I had a Dreamcast back in 2001. A friend of mine showed me it and it was one of the greatest experiences I had in video games.

Although the most frustrating part for me was sneaking into the warehouse at night because when you get caught, you have to wait until it's late again in real time.

Also bought Shenmue 2 on the Original Xbox, and I'm glad there's a kickstarter for Shenmue 3 being done

Bought Shenmue when I had a Dreamcast back in 2001. A friend of mine showed me it and it was one of the greatest experiences I had in video games.

Although the most frustrating part for me was sneaking into the warehouse at night because when you get caught, you have to wait until it's late again in real time.

Also bought Shenmue 2 on the Original Xbox, and I'm glad there's a kickstarter for Shenmue 3 being done

I can't wait for shenmue 3. I have a feeling that gaming in gerenal is getting better. Are you excited for fallout 4 and the new mirrors edge?

• 1 year later...