Recommendations please

Arvo

Hi guys, just wondering if you could recommend some Anime for me. I have watched and loved Fullmetal Alchemist, Code Geass and Death Note. I have also watched and enjoyed Elfen Lied too.

I would prefer something that is dubbed. Is Soul Eater a good Anime?

Thanks in advance.

Soul Eater is epic. It thrives on comedy and classic shonen, but has epic battles. The ending was poor though since the manga hadn't ended thus they gave it an Anime original ending.. The dub was completely horrible.

Recommend definitely watching Soul Eater, but watch the subs. You'll love it.

One of the rare 10/10 shonen series.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished watching Soul Eater 3-4 days ago. Is there any Anime that have the same kind of action and humor as Soul Eater?

I have also just finished Darker Than Black 2 days ago, and almost finished Claymore. I am thinking of Basilisk next, your thoughts?

I've been saying this a lot recently but you should really check out Gurren Lagann, it's a lot better than soul eater which is also good and the dub is extremely well done, there is also Chroono Crusade and as for Basilisk, it's a definite must.

D.gray-man and maybe black cat would have somewhat similar genre to the animes u loved, both are dubbed. if you want to get closer to the original Fullmetal alchemist story try watching the remake(which is also dubbed) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Yeah I've seen all of FMA: Brotherhood. Thanks for the suggestions, will definitely look into D.Gray-man and Black Cat.

Also forget what I said about the dubbing in my first post, I actually prefer subbing now lol.

No worries, all the recent Anime I have watched have been subbed, I just can't go back to watching dubs just yet, with the exception of FMA: Brotherhood as that is an excellent dub.

Yeah I wait for the dub of FMAB as well. Though got to say I didn't like Hohenheim's new voice which was first heard in the latest episode (episode 20). Other then that it has been great. Al's new voice actor sounded bad the first few episodes, but with time and practice has improved drastically and now sounds really good. I'm really impressed with Al's voice in Brotherhood now.

Yeah I wait for the dub of FMAB as well. Though got to say I didn't like Hohenheim's new voice which was first heard in the latest episode (episode 20). Other then that it has been great. Al's new voice actor sounded bad the first few episodes, but with time and practice has improved drastically and now sounds really good. I'm really impressed with Al's voice in Brotherhood now.

I agree with you, I think we will get used to Hoenheim's voice just like Al's.

Other than Hoheinheim another voice that will take some getting used to is Mei Ching, It's not bad but, it's kind of annoying, maybe it's because she's supposed to sound that way but for some wierd reason, I can't really picture her with a another english voice, perhaps I'm just crazy.

• 4 weeks later...