Monitor Advice?

ARES_XIV

Hi all. So I am looking into monitor. But I do not know which brands are good.

I am looking for a monitor quite similar to the Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q (Link - http://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/).However the price of the monitor is too much, really ridiculous. 

So he's what I am really looking for. 

1. 27 inch monitor

2. 1080p monitor or more, but 1080p is enough for me.

3. Response Time : 1ms (Gray to Gray) [does not have to be 1ms which is still hard to believe, but close to it]

4. Brightness(Max) : 350 cd/㎡ or somewhere close to that.

5. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME THE MOST - I do not care about anything most then quality of the product and  thereputation of the brand as in warranty+quality.

Thank you guys!

Edited by ARES_XIV

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you have made a decision yet, but these would be some good options to look at. 

Note:

Response time: I selected a MAX response time of 1ms (becuase 2-5ms is not close to it)

Brightness: greater than 300cd/m2

Size: 27 inch and greater

Brand: All of these are reputable

http://pricespy.co.nz/category.php?&lb=s216195051#prodlista

Hi all. So I am looking into monitor. But I do not know which brands are good.

I am looking for a monitor quite similar to the Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q (Link - http://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/).However the price of the monitor is too much, really ridiculous. 

So he's what I am really looking for. 

1. 27 inch monitor

2. 1080p monitor or more, but 1080p is enough for me.

3. Response Time : 1ms (Gray to Gray) [does not have to be 1ms which is still hard to believe, but close to it]

4. Brightness(Max) : 350 cd/㎡ or somewhere close to that.

5. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME THE MOST - I do not care about anything most then quality of the product and  thereputation of the brand as in warranty+quality.

Thank you guys!

I have yet to meet anyone as picky as me on picture quality when it comes to HDTV or HD Monitors lol.

I have a touchscreen 399$ Asus monitor and it's amazing. I have yet to see one for sale in a store like Best Buy that tops its picture quality. Not saying there isn't better out there, but you will pay a ridiculous price more than likely if you find one. Though I did find its original price of almost 500$ quite ridiculous lol. 

It's price is now below 300$ where I live. Last I remember, a few months ago, I bought my gf one for 249$

I like it's picture quality so much I ended up buying a spare for each of us incase something went wrong.

ACER T232HL

If that's above your price range, then I have no real suggestion for anything cheaper because I haven't seen anything cheaper that I would have wanted.

Edited by DarkDream787

• 4 weeks later...

I changed my mind about specs. I first thought of going to TN panels for the low response time, but I realized that I prefer to have better picture quality. So I decided to sacrifice low response time for the sake of better picture quality. 

Still debating between 3 x 24 inch or 3 x 27 inch. What do you guys think?

My intended setup plan is to buy 3 monitors. VESA support is a maybe. My purpose is just for leisurely to have one. No purpose of video editing. I like monitors with high picture quality and strong color output. 

Monitors will be used for gaming mostly and college stuff works. 

AH-IPS panel is a one way to go such as the Asus monitor (example: MX27AQ - But lacks VESA support)

Samsung monitor I have no idea. I have had Asus monitor before and had no issues with them. 

I appreciate the help/advice guys! Thanks :D

Edited by ARES_XIV

Still debating between 3 x 24 inch or 3 x 27 inch. What do you guys think?

Lol, if you have the money and space... go for the 3 x 27".

You didnt mention using the monitors for watching anime, so assume that's just a given, in which case I would actually suggest going the 3 x 24" route. Simply because if you don't get high quality releases, everything else will just look worse on the 27". This is also assuming you are sitting no more than 1-2 meters away from them? 

I'm using a 22.7 inch 1080p Samsung HDTV Monitor, been using it for about 4-5 years.

For about a year I'm thinking to replace it with a 2560x1440 Monitor (Or a 4K one).

I've done a lot of searching around and I've set my eyes on this one: Asus PB278Q 27-inch.

It has a good rating/feedback on Amazon and right now it costs $431 (When it was launched the price was around at $750).

See for yourself some review on youtube :)