Yeah so talk to me people. I've had it with the chat room. It's empty!

ARES_XIV

Ah! I might do a double major in computer science. However I suck at programming. Other than that, I'm good with anything computer related task. Currently I'm majoring in some Bio degree. Might change that to Bio-Chem or Neuroscience. Going to wait till next quarter to get a feel in which part of bio I have a feel for. Pursing the Med life. XD  And of that all goes to fail, BUSINESS it IS!

Good on you, and anybody with the drive to pursue med, I always sucked at science, except maybe biology, when it came to computers and programming, I was never really an expert, but it was what I was least bad at sooo, I pursued it. I was really driven and motivated at the start of my diploma into my degree but a few years later and I never want to see another line of code or network diagram again lol. I'm almost done but it has been quite draining, especially the programming part, all the internet memes you see on errors in code don't even begin to describe lol.

lol. That sounds harsh. I've done some programming before and I hated it. I was too impatient to deal with errors and solving the syntax error shit. The great thing about med school is that you can major in anything you like. The only way to get into one is to complete the prerequisite to qualify for admission. So if anyone out there who believes you need a bio degree or whatever to get into med school, they're wrong. Anyone with any major can apply for med school, just that everyone has to complete certain prerequisite.  

• 2 weeks later...

Another computer science student here! I'm supposed to be doing an industrial placement at the moment but the DBS checks to make sure I'm not a criminal haven't gone through yet.

Such a pain! It looks to be quite fun though, so I'm looking forward to it.

Do you mind if I ask what programming languages you used to learn how to program?
My course used mainly Visual Basic and JavaScript, I think. They switched to C# the year after I enrolled...

Do you mind if I ask what programming languages you used to learn how to program?

My course used mainly Visual Basic and JavaScript, I think. They switched to C# the year after I enrolled...

Not sure if this was directed at me, but if it was then we just did basic C++ intro, Cobol, and RPG IV. Cobol and RPG IV are business oriented languages that are only good for things like generating print reports for business records (Yawn). It's taught here because the closest programming jobs for a company in the area are dealing with those languages. I liked C++, but it was really difficult to make the simple program we were assigned.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You should make a skype group. I came to this site hoping for a chat.. but if its dead, that sucks .-.

Man, I still cant pick what to go for.  =o= Indecisive nature is a curse!

If there is a group eventually, I wanna join .__. skype is: shymonsters