funimation voice actors with viz media or is it just me

Guillermo31

I just noticed that some of the funimation voice actors are going to viz media like Todd haberkorn and Cherami Leigh the voices of nastu and Lucy from fairy tail are voicing characters for sailor moon viz dub. Are some of their colleagues Kyle Hebert or Johnny yong Bosch asked them if they want to part of sailor moon New dub or this just one time thing with viz media or they continue working with viz media

It depends. Casting is decided in auditions. People that audition usually live in the area.

Bang Zoom & Studiopolis are in California.

Ocean Studios, and Blue Water Studios are in Canada (Vancouver & Calgary)

Funimation and Okatron 5000 are in Texas.

Kyle Hebert lived in Texas during the run of DBZ and was frequently in TX-based Funimation dubs. He now lives in California, which obviously has more acting opportunities. Because of this he is more likely to be in Aniplex dubs, which almost always use Bang Zoom studios, while still doing some small Funimation parts every so often for old times sake.

To answer your question, they are free to find work on any show usually which means regardless of what Anime distributes it, with some exceptions like Chris Sabat. Even Sean Schemmel does voice work for NYAV Post. But yes, if you see a VA in a FUNi dub for example, he/she are likely to be in another as well.

I reccomend using http://animenewsnetwork.com and looking at the english cast lists. You can find out the actors names, the ADR director, as well as the different studios and licensors. Its very fun, and you can look for other shows that your favorite VA was in.

Edited by Badman

It depends. Casting is decided in auditions. People that audition usually live in the area.

Bang Zoom & Studiopolis are in California.

Ocean Studios, and Blue Water Studios are in Canada (Vancouver & Calgary)

Funimation and Okatron 5000 are in Texas.

Kyle Hebert lived in Texas during the run of DBZ and was frequently in TX-based Funimation dubs. He now lives in California, which obviously has more acting opportunities. Because of this he is more likely to be in Aniplex dubs, which almost always use Bang Zoom studios, while still doing some small Funimation parts every so often for old times sake.

To answer your question, they are free to find work on any show usually which means regardless of what Anime distributes it, with some exceptions like Chris Sabat. Even Sean Schemmel does voice work for NYAV Post.

what's about Chris sabat? I remember few months ago I saw a YouTube video I don't know which anime panel a voice actress with Todd haberkorn she Said when she was a teenager she liked sailor moon and watched sailor moon when came on toonami after school and liked to voice one of characters if they ever re dub it I don't know if that was cherami Leigh or someone else Edited by Guillermo31

I just noticed that some of the funimation voice actors are going to viz media like Todd haberkorn and Cherami Leigh the voices of nastu and Lucy from fairy tail are voicing characters for sailor moon viz dub. Are some of their colleagues Kyle Hebert or Johnny yong Bosch asked them if they want to part of sailor moon New dub or this just one time thing with viz media or they continue working with viz media

I've met Kyle Hebert at the Mall before. He's a great guy! He told me about this. @thegameking I don't think so.