Mortal Kombat:Rebirth

Shade_13

Hey, guys, check out this video I just found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmvxjnwbMPI&feature=popular

What I thought was a trailer to an up-coming movie turned out to be just a short film, directed by some bloke I don't know for what reason.

Still no news for the long-feature movie, and maybe that's even better, cause the last one was embarassing.Guess we don't have a chance to watch a normal action like the one Paul Anderson directed many years ago. Sad.

The first movie directed by Paul Anderson rules, it was the first movie-by-game to ever earn positive reviews. The second one, directed by I-Dont-Know-Who is trash.

I didn't like this short film only because it twists the original plot, making Reptile and Baraka just human criminals with some disorders.

P.S. And I think Liu Kang died.

I think that this will be a good movie though (apparently that is meant to be an introductory trailer). I think that they just wanted it to be a little more realistic than what the others have been. Personally, I can't wait till they make this into a movie because the trailer looks awesome.

• 1 month later...

I didn't like this short film only because it twists the original plot, making Reptile and Baraka just human criminals with some disorders.

That's what I loved about this short. Out of curiosity, does this feel a little like "The Dark Knight" to anyone else?

From the short (and based on some of the comments with his short interview) it looks like the director wants to make this storyline as though it could really happen (farfetched, but possible nonetheless). Personally, I think that's awesome!

That's what I loved about this short. Out of curiosity, does this feel a little like "The Dark Knight" to anyone else?

From the short (and based on some of the comments with his short interview) it looks like the director wants to make this storyline as though it could really happen (farfetched, but possible nonetheless). Personally, I think that's awesome!

Well, yeah, of course I see why they try to do it, but I personally like the original MK universe, and don't you find that a mutated child instead of Reptile, and psycho-surgeon instead of Baraka is a little bit overboard? Next thing they will put liquid nitrogen implants in Sub-Zero's hands... And now that you say it, i think it really resembles Dark Knight a bit.

I really liked the original film, the first one, it proves that one can make a good movie based on MK even keeping the original plot and most of the characters.