Fan Edits allowed?

idk what you mean by "Fan Edits"

By "Fan Edit", I mean an individual's own personal edit of a show or movie. Fan edit - Wikipedia

The edit that I am hoping to share, in question, is an anime that I went through and removed as much of the filler from that I possibly could. I used to share similar edits on the old Cartoon-World forum and I would love to share them here, but I figured I should check first to make sure that kind of thing is allowed before doing so.

Edited by WhoIsTheMilkMan

Yes they are, they should go into the Otaku section of the forums.

Edit: just re-read your last message, it could probably go under the normal release section (i.e. Dual Audio/Subs etc) just make a note and inform people of what you have changed and removed. If it was a mashup of different anime or an AMV, then the Otaku section would apply. 

Edited by Moodkiller
  • Like 2

Edit: just re-read your last message, it could probably go under the normal release section (i.e. Dual Audio/Subs etc) just make a note and inform people of what you have changed and removed. If it was a mashup of different anime or an AMV, then the Otaku section would apply. 

i didnt know we had an otaku section!

i didnt know we had an otaku section!

Its one of the most deprived sections on this thread unfortunately, and as you were, not many people know about it... so that doesn't help matters. IIRC, it was in the Anime Downloads section, but got cluttered there, so it got moved/got its own section*.

*not 100% sure about this, so someone correct me if Im wrong 

I don't generall read manga so these fan edits are not really of interest to me. But it does sound like a good idea

Wait, manga=fan edits how? 

In this case it does since he's removing fillers from DB and he's calling it "fan edits"

When I meant "these" fan edits, I was refering to the edits this guy is doing for DB

As far as I'm concerned, I don't (do?) generall read manga so these fan edits are not really of interest to me. But it does sound like a good idea

I just thought of something, in ^this quote, is don't supposed to be do

Because that would make more sense and back up what you said here:

In this case it does since he's removing fillers from DB and he's calling it "fan edits"

When I meant "these" fan edits, I was refering to the edits this guy is doing for DB

I think you're a little confused MK, despite the fact that I don't read a lot of manga(or should I say in general, I'm not a manga reader nor do I like reading it), I'm quite aware that fillers(of anime based on manga) are extra's that are not part of the manga at all.

These edits don't interest me because I haven't read the Dragon Ball manga, so I'd prefer to watch it in full. Now, either I've clarified this or made it more confusing.

Edited by LimitLess
  • Like 1

I think you're a little confused MK, despite the fact that I don't read a lot of manga(or should I say in general, I'm not a manga reader nor do I like reading it), I'm quite aware that fillers(of anime based on manga) are extra's that are not part of the manga at all.

These edits don't interest me because I haven't read the Dragon Ball manga, so I'd prefer to watch it in full. Now, either I've clarified this or made it more confusing.

Oh, ohh! Yup the penny has dropped now. I see where you are coming from and finally what you mean. lol.

Sorry about all of that. 

Maybe this is a sign that I should head off to bed. 

• Like 1

NP

I tend to confuse people a lot, so I'm sorry I got you confused :P

Haha no worries. No re-reading you original message it makes a lot more sence.

I thought you were maybe referring to fans editing manga (writing their own dialog) and as such the Otaku section only being for manga posters. Anyways it's all good now.