Anyone know what it is?

y9duy2

I feel like I've seen the plot-line before, but I can't, for the life of me, remember from where. Forgive me if it isn't even an anime... or real at all; I could have dreamed it in a fit of anime deprivation. If you do know where it is from, though, I would greatly appreciate the help.

As I can recall, it is something of a romantic drama set in a, basically, empty city that the protagonist can't escape (the train returns to the same place that it left.) In the end, the protagonist wakes up (or appears) in a global desert and starts following a set of footprints in the sand...

That's really about all I can remember of it. Does anyone know of something like this or should I ask the doctor to prescribe anti-psychotics?  :nothing:

You son of a...I know what it is!

Zegapain!

http://myanimelist.net/anime/878/Zegapain

Not it, sadly. It wasn't a mech anime at all. It wasn't really even futuristic--no robots that I recall.

Can you describe anything else; such as what some of the characters looked like, how long it was, etc..?

I wish I could remember much else. AFAIR, one of the main characters was a girl with long, black, hair and the male MC is a high school student.

It would have been 26 episodes or less but I couldn't give an exact count.

Edit: Found it. Probably mixing in things from somewhere else, though. I was thinking of the Interlude OVAs 

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1085

Edited by y9duy2