Fairy tale anime

Blackcat

Fairy Tail (It's Tail, not Tale)

Story: 6/10

- There's nothing special about the story at first. Lucy wants to join Fairy Tail, then she meets Natsu, bla bla bla, but the story starts to improve as the series progresses.

Characters: 6/10

- Typical Shounen characters. A stupid protagonist with a rival, girls with large boobs, and overpowered enemies that gets beat up by the stupid protagonist. The characters are too plain, I must say.

Art: 8/10

- The art is good! It's a little different compared to the manga but it's still good. It has bright colors and nice special effects.

Sound: 10/10

- Best part of this series, hands up. The sound is so damn great! Voice acting, soundtracks, sound effects...everything! The voice actors also sings the OP/ED of the OVAs.

Enjoyment: 7/10

- With a poor story line and character development, some will automatically hate it. But it has that funny, relaxing, positive vibe that will make you smile or laugh while watching it.

Overall: 7/10

-Naruto and Bleach is obviously better than Fairy Tail, and just like other Shounen series, Fairy Tail has its own pattern of fights.

1. The character was beaten up by the overpowered enemy.

2. The character will blabber about friendship and family making him/her 300% stronger.

3. The overpowered enemy is now beaten up by the more-overpowered main character.

4. New enemy appears, repeat number 1.

Story: 4/10

- There is no specific story going on here, it's just one thing after another. Doing quests for guild etc. Despite the later episodes having more depth to them, you'll generally feel that the creators are just throwing some random crap to make it complete somehow. Good for parodies, not for this.

Characters: 5/10

- Shonen, what more to say. I think Naruto has more depth than our main protaganist here, he is very monotone. However some of the supporting cast are much better.

Art: 9/10

- It's colourful, gives you a fantasy feel to it. There's not much not too like about the art

Sound: 7/10

- It's okay, there are some OP/ED I liked. Both the Subs and Dubs give a good performance here, the VA do a pretty standard job.

Enjoyment: 8/10

- Despite the lack of story, I highly doubt enjoyment with this series will be low. You'll enjoy this, believe me

Overall: 7.6/10

- It's a pretty standard shonen anime, but those who like shonen anime will enjoy it. The protaganist might be the worst, but the rest of anime is worthwhile. The fights aren't pro-longed like most, the pacing is standard. But enjoyment is what's important and this anime succeeds in making you laugh and cry(a bit)

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...