Clannad: After Story (spoilers)

Elsch

How many have watched this series? Did you enjoy it? I must say it was one of the most beautiful anime I have ever watched! It looked like your typical "highschool life" anime, but something about it sets it above the rest, far above.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to explain the ending to me though. I was a bit confused... After Ushio died, it showed the girl and the robot in the alternate world. Right before they disappeared, she called him "papa". Were they Ushio and Okazaki?

Then he saw Nagisa on the hill by the school, then the scene switched to right after Ushio was born, but Nagisa didn't end up dying that time. So did Okazaki travel through time to an alternate world where she didn't end up dying? Or was he able to change the past somehow? What is the "real conclusion"? Do Nagisa and Ushio end up living? Or is that just an illusion? If someone can explain the ending to me, I'd appreciate it. Or you can just express your thoughts on this anime too

You shouldn't have to worry about sales. The fact that they came back and dubbed it after releasing it sub only is more than enough proof that it was doing well in sales.

Is the Dual Audio Box Set for Season 1 doing well in sales so far though?

Cuz it all depends on how well it does, not the previous sub only sets.

I sure hope they do! I think the english voices sound really good! I especially like Nagisa's father's voice in the english.

Agreed They have Clips of Clannad and they are from the New Release DVD Sentai Filmworks is Releasing on the 15 of june, one day before my Birthday :).i heard alike

almost alot of people saying the Dub is Bad.....i think they are just overreacting

they say that to all Anime Dubs....Well Not all of them are bad.i see a clip of Clannad After Story on when Nagisa was Giving Birth and it was Sad that she died and their Daughter.But lucky they came back to life by those orb Things i dont know what they were.but i have to watch the Whole Series LOL.

They sure as heck better dub After Story, it would make no sense to dub season 1 and not Season 2 too.

Sentai Filmworks has the Rights to Dub It.i guess its Gonna Take them awhile.

Cant Wait To See it.

• 2 months later...
How many have watched this series? Did you enjoy it? I must say it was one of the most beautiful anime I have ever watched! It looked like your typical "highschool life" anime, but something about it sets it above the rest, far above.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to explain the ending to me though. I was a bit confused... After Ushio died, it showed the girl and the robot in the alternate world. Right before they disappeared, she called him "papa". Were they Ushio and Okazaki?

Then he saw Nagisa on the hill by the school, then the scene switched to right after Ushio was born, but Nagisa didn't end up dying that time. So did Okazaki travel through time to an alternate world where she didn't end up dying? Or was he able to change the past somehow? What is the "real conclusion"? Do Nagisa and Ushio end up living? Or is that just an illusion? If someone can explain the ending to me, I'd appreciate it. Or you can just express your thoughts on this anime too

If you had played the visual novel it would make more sense.

In the visual novel, you play through the game, Nagisa dies, then Ushio, the end. When you play through it a second time, you remeber those light orbs that randomly appeared in the anime whenever someone was truly happy? You collect all of those throughout the second playthrough of the game and then Okazaki gets his wish granted to be with Nagisa and Ushio so it is not an illusion but a wish come true which is the official ending.