Uploading Question

StaticX

Is it ok to upload someone else's files on the same forum? Or would it be disrespectful to the original Uploader who's links are still working?

For example, I want to upload and post Tanx's One Piece episodes 206 through to 336 on MEGA, but I'm worried it might be disrespectful towards him.

Sorry for the strange question, I've had it on my mind for a while...

personally as one who takes the time to encode videos i don't find it disrespectful as long as you are not reposting my links however if you wish to repost my files on other servers you are welcome to it

that's just me though cant speak for other encoders

oh always give credit to the original encoder that's very important

Edited by Musica

If it's an encoder who posts on this forum; definitely get their permission first.

If it's someone who doesn't post on this forum, I don't care. If they have a problem with it, who cares.

I know for one thing; Shiro would rather people not re-upload his stuff here.

So yeah, just ask the encoder first. Because if they're active here, we will remove the topic if the encoder requests as such.

Another thing though, rather than make a separate topic, perhaps ask the encoder if you can post the links in their topic and even if they would be willing to add it to their main post (if you really wanted, they could even give credit to you as the uploader if you/they choose).

Ok so you have feedback from an Uploader and the Administrator, I shall give my opinion from purely a downloader's point of view.

The major problem I would have with this, is the duplication of posts... especially in this case:

...who's links are still working?

There is just something like 'lazy'ness' for want of a better word when another topic content is reuploaded by someone else. Keep in mind though that I'm just referring to the encoders on Kametsu... 

IF the links are dead, then I would refer to Koby's suggestion to post new links on the original topic to keep things clean.

Another thing though, rather than make a separate topic, perhaps ask the encoder if you can post the links in their topic and even if they would be willing to add it to their main post (if you really wanted, they could even give credit to you as the uploader if you/they choose).

From a selfish point of view, its always nice to have working links to all the anime on here (granted this may not be possible). So what ever gets the job done basically. 

In conclusion, I wouldnt create a new topic for one that has working links... how-ever if the links are down or (in this case) the uploader has issues, then a new topic would probably be the best option. :)

• Like 1