Transsexualism

Necrophiliac

I don't... see the point in it, but it's their choice--I have no idea what kind of specific turmoil they go through in terms of their gender not matching their biological sex. I would think that a lot of people, at some point in their lives, stop to think about their biological sex. Some just take it further. :P

It would only be fair to tell the person one plans on being intimate with that they're a transsexual, so they know what parts they're dealing with when they lift the skirt/pull down the pants. :P

Against transsexuals? Why? Whom does it hurt for a person to undergo surgery so they feel more comfortable in their physical identity? Are you against all kinds of cosmetic surgery or just sex changes? Whom does it hurt for a person to cross-dress?

In an ideal world, it wouldn't matter to anyone what they were dealing with under the sheets, but that would require universal bisexualism or something. :P

I don't care if you don't like 'em--that's your belief and as long as you aren't killing/attacking anyone, trying to "talk" them out of it, or harassing them in general, that's fine. I have my own bias and prejudices--who doesn't, y'know? We had to do this thing last year where people had to put their biases and prejudices on the table--not many people did it because they were so afraid that it was wrong to just not like something or certain people. It's only when it gets to the point where someone is getting hurt or someone is looking to hurt someone is it wrong.

Don't worry--I'm not on a mission to make everyone like everyone and everything. Just on a crusade for tolerance. :P

The specifics of transsexualism are not exactly things I look into very often. :P All I know is that it isn't simple--no more than the "cause" of homosexuality/bisexuality/pansexuality/asexuality/whatever.

And I'm not quite sure what your stand is, Red. Some people feel that they are meant to be a man instead of a woman, or meant to be a woman instead of a man.

as long as you're not hurting anyone then you have the right to do anything you want to make yourself happy. the only issue I'd have would be if they tried to get the surgery declared as a legitimate health concern, thus making their health insurance cover it.

yes, if you are a transexual then you need to be open and honest about it with your potential partner. 90% of the time they're gonna be able to tell anyway.