My Anime Search Engine

Dragon.

I hope I placed this in the proper forum. If not, mods, please kindly move this into the proper one. Thanks.

white.png

Hey guys, I just wanted to share with you my current project.

Some background:
When I initially started this project as a test site, its goal was to test a basic ranking algorithm (at the time I had not named it). Over time though, it developed into something much more advanced (more than I ever imagined). 

Today, I call the ranking algorithm 'AniRank'. It has the ability to rank the web pages in the search results according to relevancy (much like how Google ranks its results).

Serving over 1.4 million links to over 50,000 websites (as of this post), Nori is becoming the knowledgebase for "all things anime."

Give it a try. Enter a search term to begin your quest.

http://www.animesearch.info/

---

Hi Kametsu forums! I hope you enjoy my little project. Any suggestions/comments will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Dragon.

Hmm, quite interesting! Would be nice though if when clicking a result it would open a new tab instead. Other search engines do it like Bing and Google, but I think on those it's either cached in your browser settings or your account, it does go into your account of course, but if you don't have one, not sure, probably browser. Anyway, whether you add some kind of accounts or not, would be nice in general if it could open a new tab instead of manually doing it.

Neat thing you got there regardless.