FFT: Good Memories Together

Dojiro Lipra

I keep overlevelling but I'm not overpowering, so I keep getting pwned by chocobos. :(

Anyway, I've given up playing the game without cheating, so I'm going through it with a Game Shark. I dig calculators and Ramza's butt-pants. In my original run without cheats, I was pretty fond of monks and dancers.

I made my dad buy me another copy of the game from Amazon. I think. Then we found our first copy and he threatened to throttle me.

Tactics Advanced? On the GBA? I totally got through it and beat it. Easiest thing I've done next to Mystic Quest, maybe. I clocked in over three hundred hours on that little thing--not because it took me that long to get through it. I just kept playing it after I beat it for no reason at all except to do it.

Never finished Tactics on the PSX for no real reason. I move really slow through my RPGs.

In my opinion, the older FF games are much better than the newer ones. XII seems to hold some promise though, so I wanna get my hands on that and see if that doesn't break the streak of shoddy FF games.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the differences between FFT and FFTA are vast--FFTA isn't a remake of FFT. Two completely different storylines. There are no judges or laws in FFT. There's a more mature, deeper storyline to FFT than there is to FFTA, and I don't think there is any definite right or wrong in FFT in terms of the characters and their actions (well, maybe the demons are more wrong than everyone else). You learn skills and spells by spending job points, not from equipment. And other stuff related to gameplay.

If you liked FFTA, you'll probably like FFT too. It is harder than FFTA, but I prefer it greatly over the GBA counterpart.

• 6 months later...