The Truth About Baccano

Okay, I am not a dumb guy, but I legitimately have a hard time getting ahold of the plotline to Baccano. =0)

I can grasp the general plot (no spoilers here), but learning all the subplots is tough for me. I watched it all the way through once, and I'm contemplating a second viewing, but I don't know if I have the energy for that!

Anyone else have difficulty with this one?

• 4 weeks later...

Watch it a second time. Its one of the beauties about Baccano, that the second time is usually the best. I wasn't able to keep track of everything the first time either, and I don't know anybody who did. It jumps between 3 time lines a lot and 2 of them are in the same place, and because of how it jumps around its hard to keep track of. One of the ways Durarara (by the same people) is easier to get into. But baccano is the sort of series that needs to be watched 2 or 3 times, and in that sense there isn't a whole lot out there like it.

• 2 months later...

Shows like Baccano! and FLCL demand multiple watchings. On the first round, they seemed good, and by the end I knew they were something special. The second watch allows you to think of the big picture, and see everything unfold with a bit more perspective than before.