Just a quic question about anime in Japan

idl12

Like any show in the USA. It's determined on what time the show airs, and what channel, as well as what the show offers. Even in Japan, Anime is often censored. You get bright lighting, fog covered screens, zoom-ins, images covering stuff, etc.. all the time. I mean shows like Rosario + Vampire, Seikon no Qwaser, etc.. were massacred by censors during their airing which lead many fansub groups to wait for Blu-ray releases or in Seikon no Qwasers case.. to do the MQ web rips. As they often will air Anime that was censored on TV, online via streams uncensored.

So short answer. Japan censors Anime on TV as well.

So it depends on the time it's aired then? just like anywhere else. So just one last question, does anyone know how much censorship is put into shows like FMA brotherhood, soul eater and Naruto? just out of curiosity.

I believe those shows are not censored in Japan. There isn't much that needs to be. Mostly what gets censored is nudity or stuff close to nudity like panty shots, etc... mostly ecchi type or borderline hentai.

I believe those shows are not censored in Japan. There isn't much that needs to be. Mostly what gets censored is nudity or stuff close to nudity like panty shots, etc... mostly ecchi type or borderline hentai.

Thanks a lot guys!! you just saved me a month's worth of googling.

• 1 month later...

Let's japanese people don't have NO shame of anime in Japan. N what I mean by that is they dont care if there is naked people in the anime shows or just plan tv, more violence in the anime shows, has more blood curling n body organs, n language is worse. Plus people that live in japan but cant speak japanese just watch the action(tom n jerry). basically anime there is like cartoons here. Cartoons here is like anime there. U get what I'm saying :D

The latest show High School of the Dead doesn't have nudity, but it's got a lot of gore and blood such as drilling holes in Zombies heads, or shooting them with nail guns, bashing their heads in with baseball bats. Well it's been getting censored somewhat with the screen getting blacker do you can barely see anything more than a black screen on certain scenes and stuff. So it isn't exactly just nudity that gets censored.