So

So another question, this is mainly for Koby or any of the regulars who have been here for a long period of time. Are we competing with other sites? I mean i have heard talk about Anime Anarchy and Cartoon World. Whats up with them?

We aren't competing although some people seem to think so. C-W is an actual TV capping group although they have went way downhill since most of the best encoders went to A-T. A-T has all but basically died and while they say they are coming back, they haven't yet. A-A was created by some of the old staff of C-W, the ones who actually ran the place before it was stolen from under their feet.

There are tons of free hosted forums made by members of those forums who copy them almost down to a T. I think it's ridiculous, but people keep insisting we should copy them to. I'm like hell to the NO. I strive to make Kametsu as unique as possible and use no other sites for example.

I don't feel we need to compete with anything. We are more active then A-A, and we are managed better than C-W which is over-ran with spam and leechers. C-W is pretty much really active with spam, but nearly dead in any other regard. The only reason why it remains is it's huge database of downloads, which Kametsu hopes to surpass eventually, and a lot of the uploaders here are uploaders at one of those sites, maybe even both.. so we have a lot of the same uploads now.

We aren't competing although some people seem to think so. C-W is an actual TV capping group although they have went way downhill since most of the best encoders went to A-T. A-T has all but basically died and while they say they are coming back, they haven't yet. A-A was created by some of the old staff of C-W, the ones who actually ran the place before it was stolen from under their feet.

There are tons of free hosted forums made by members of those forums who copy them almost down to a T. I think it's ridiculous, but people keep insisting we should copy them to. I'm like hell to the NO. I strive to make Kametsu as unique as possible and use no other sites for example.

I don't feel we need to compete with anything. We are more active then A-A, and we are managed better than C-W which is over-ran with spam and leechers. C-W is pretty much really active with spam, but nearly dead in any other regard. The only reason why it remains is it's huge database of downloads, which Kametsu hopes to surpass eventually, and a lot of the uploaders here are uploaders at one of those sites, maybe even both.. so we have a lot of the same uploads now.

What about Animepalm koby whats the story with them?

What about Animepalm koby whats the story with them?

I don't know much about AnimePalm.. I don't visit there or anything, but their site is riddled with advertisements and pop-ups. I just finished checking it out now, and my virus protection popped up saying it detected a virus from one of their ads.. :/ So they should really do something about that. Their forum seems rather inactive as well, but it has a ton of members. O.o

BTW, as for C-W and A-A.. I'm am Upload Staff on both, as I post my Uploads I do here, on those forums so that more people will download them and thus the links will hopefully live longer as well.

I don't know much about AnimePalm.. I don't visit there or anything, but their site is riddled with advertisements and pop-ups. I just finished checking it out now, and my virus protection popped up saying it detected a virus from one of their ads.. :/ So they should really do something about that. Their forum seems rather inactive as well, but it has a ton of members. O.o

BTW, as for C-W and A-A.. I'm am Upload Staff on both, as I post my Uploads I do here, on those forums so that more people will download them and thus the links will hopefully live longer as well.

Are either of those sites saveable though?

From what you say they are going downhill, what i mean are they able to get back up on their feet?

Well C-W finally got rid of Majin Vegeta, and hired Ragnawind (a good friend, also he is here and uploaded some great stuff for us) as their new Admin. So Ragnawind might be able to turn it around and take charge to get rid of the 0 posters and spammers and clean it up.

As for A-A, it isn't really going downhill, it's just always been that way. It's a nice place to check out, and the people are friendly, they just don't post much of anything except newer downloads. They do encode some of their own DVD's and stuff sometimes too. I think maybe it's because they are a little too strict in their upload and posting rules that it turns potential posters away. I know I have strayed away from posting as much uploads there as they want you to provide so much info, links to official sites, and have everything in a certain format plus episode titles.. which takes a lot of work especially for long ass series, that it just isn't worth posting uploads there sometimes.