Anime being out trended, stunted, or discontinued... Or being the center of culture?

Astral_Goddess

I made a status update about this, but I figured it could be a pretty serious topic.

If Anime ever gets out trended by something else, stunted in production, or even completely discontinued sometime in the future, how would you feel? Would the world be different without anime being produced in favor of something even better?

Or, what if the opposite happens? What if Anime has such a huge impact on society, it's the mainstay of world culture, potentially becoming one of the first world-wide shared cultural interests? How would our future markets and products be influenced?

1st question: It's like saying the reality tv shows will cease to exist. It's never going to happen. At least I think it won't. If anything we'd figure a way to make it even better. Not just production but a better way to receive it (I guess lol).

2nd question: Things would probably be become even more expensive than it already is. Anime would turn to crap. Less effort put into it. They'd just recycle anime like they do CoD. Money whores basically.

• 11 months later...

1st question: It's like saying the reality tv shows will cease to exist. It's never going to happen. At least I think it won't. If anything we'd figure a way to make it even better. Not just production but a better way to receive it (I guess lol).

2nd question: Things would probably be become even more expensive than it already is. Anime would turn to crap. Less effort put into it. They'd just recycle anime like they do CoD. Money whores basically.

It's not true that anime would become expensive. But more expensive anime would appear since increased demand would afford higher cost of production thus higher quality. Anime is not a generic product with the same or highly similar characteristics across the producers. So anime market would observe an increase in quantity as well as variety.

Edited by ounce

• 2 years later...