My interview is tomorow and i need some advice

mid boss

so my interview is tomorrow and somehow i have some experience with it and i know it's a Psychological warfare

and some advice in some question they send me and told me to answer them and give it to them for discussion when the interview begins:

1. What do you think is the most important factor that determines an employee’s progress within a company?

1. Experience and seniority
  2. Education and development
  3. Competence and Work ethics

1. What motivates you to work for Saudi Aramco? Give a brief explanation for your choice.

1. Salary and Benefit package (to be honest i am like this ^_^)
  2. Educational & development opportunities
  3. Company culture and Work environment
  4. Challenging career opportunities

………..…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……………………………………………………..………………………………………………………………

1. Given the investment the company  makes in the hiring and training process, in your opinion why should the Company hire you?

1. My potential to contribute to the Company
  2. My personality
  3. Myacademic record
  4. Other reason (please give details ……………………………………………….)

………..……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..…

1. The workforce in Saudi Aramco is multicultural and has different values. How comfortable would you be in such work environment?

1. Comfortable
  2. Not comfortable
  3. I am not sure

1. The College Degree Program for Non Employees (CDPNE) is designated for co-educational  universities i.e. mixed gender. How would you feel insuch educational environment? Write a brief explanation for your answer.

1. Comfortable
  2. Not comfortable
  3. I am not sure

………..…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..………………………………………………………………..……………………………………………………………………………………………

1.  Are you happy with your assigned major? If your answer is “No”, please give a short explanation.

1. Yes

1. No:………..………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..…………

1.  Are you flexible in accepting a major chosen for you by the company? If your answer is “No”, please explain.

1. Yes

1. No:………..…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..…………………………………………………………

1. Based on the Company’s requirements, you may be assigned to workin remote areasas part of your normal duties.Would that cause you any difficulties? If your answer is “Yes”, please explain.

1. No, not at all

1. Yes, because:

………..…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

1. Do you prefer working with others in groups or by yourself?  Give a brief explanation for either response.

1.  By myself because:

………..……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

1.  With others in a team because:………..……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

1. The CDPNE program is designated for Out of Kingdom scholarship. Would yoube comfortable studyingOut of Kingdom? Give a brief explanation for either response.

1.    Yes:

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……………………

1.    No:

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

1. The available majors of study are based on Saudi Aramco needs. Therefore, you are not allowed to change your assigned major of study. If you choose “Don’t Agree”, please provide and explanation.

1.    Agree.

1.    Don’t Agree.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

i repeat those questions i have to print them and answer them to give them to the interviewer for the discussion so i have to prepare for every answer.

so far i am only having problem with the 3rd question what should i choose my potential to contribute the company or my academic record cuz the 1st answer sound better but i don't know what i say if he asked me what are they?

Yeah I'd go with the "contribute to company" one too.

Honestly though I would go with 4. and try to tie all of those other ones in there somehow. Like, "I am a dedicated and hardworking individual. Throughout school I have been known to have an excellent work ethic which I will carry on with Saudi Aramco." Something like that but obviously more personal to you. :P

If you're given opportunity to express yourself as an individual, you should take it if you're confident you'll be able to remember your answers and expand on them later. Anyone can answer multiple choice questions without much thought--if they're going to be asking you about this questionnaire in the interview, you might as well start thinking deeper about it now.

From the way some of the questions are worded, it sounds like they'll especially take any opportunity to reject potential hires. You need to be able to back up the choices you make.

Companies like people who save them time, money, and effort. Things like streamlining certain processes, increasing productivity, saving money through savvy dealings. What does this company in particular value? Do they value creative and innovative thinking? Do they value interpersonal skills and diplomacy? What are the company's goals and how can you present yourself in a way that tells them they absolutely need you in order to attain those goals?

E.O. is really trying to get her point across, by posting the asme thing 4times. you better listen to her boss.

also

Go for the potential to contribute to the company. If you have a good academic record, then that is one of the many factors that helps you contribute. So go for the first one. Of course, any answer is acceptable so long as you can bullshit your way through it.

if you are good at bullshitting, you have 99% chance of getting the job, i've seen it in action.

thanks guys for your advices (especially E.O)  i just came from the interview ...

(btw it's not for a job exactly  it's a program that give me the opportunity to study abroad in condition that i work for them after i finish)

let's just say it's not kind of interview i was expected...... i mean it's just they make sure that i wanted to study abroad and if it was ok to work in far areas after i finish just that. i was told that their interview is all talking and they are doing for show . but i just don't want to lose such opportunity because of some rumors 

but in the end looks like i didn't need to even bullshitting about anything ^_^

my friend said his interview is in 2 day and he is gonna say that he will choose to work for the company for befit and salary

Edited by mid boss

so you are going to japan i see :look_down:  :look_down:

looks like you point at something when you put it that way <_<

anyway i was thinking to go there because i told my self it's my chance to have experience there and it come one in a life time beside i am interested to see how is the life there .i mean they will teach me language and all and take care of me . and in the future if i want to go UK or USA for vocation or something i can because i can communicate with others easily

well this company specialized in extracting petroleum and oil so most likely they want engineers

i got a message from them some days ago it says that i will be studying petroleum engineering

about the experience part this isn't the 1st time i got into interview .in fact there was another company with the same program . i wasn't really wanted to go there because the salary isn't better than Aramco (the company i just got from it's interview) besides there are some rumors that they are racial ppl but i told myself it will be for experience

that was the real interview i mean they asked a lot of questions and try to test if you are lying or honest but i was prepared for it (with some bullshits). the interview went smoothly until he asked me this:what was the worst situation you were in high school ?

well at that time i only had one situation about me being bullied and after i stand i was leaded to one sided fight (the guy was 2.3 meter chances of winning 0) but that was worthy cuz he stopped. so i told him the story. in the end i wasn't accepted although i have a good record.so i put up some reasons of why i didn't get accepted :

1- they are really racial ppl

2- they saw through my lies

3- cuz of the worst situations story

guess it wasn't a wise option to tell them about that story ^_^

Edited by Emotional Outlet

HA! The server was having a seizure as I was trying to post apparently. Sorry for spamming you, brah.

Maybe the story wasn't what they were looking for? That's not a situation they really want to see paralleled in their workplace, I imagine.

I know sometimes they'll ask questions like, "Describe a time you have failed" or "What is one of your weaknesses" or something like that. At that time, they obviously don't want to know that you do two lines of coke in the morning and can't function without it. Or that time you tried to rob a bank and instead ended up in jail. They want to hear a situation that can be paralleled in their work environment and, ideally, in the process of telling your story, explain how you overcame it.

So a time you failed. Say one time you forgot to turn in a huge assignment. Be like, "I accepted responsibility for my failure, brought in the assignment for half credit, and never forgot an assignment ever again." Or maybe you got a report card and discovered you were failing one of your classes. Be all, "I spoke to the teacher about what I can do to improve my grade and went in after school every day for tutoring and extra assignments. Since then, I've taken greater care in monitoring my grades."

Well, as the saying goes, "It's not what you know, it's who you know". More people have success in getting jobs because someone else put in a word for them or someone in the company brought their resume to the hiring manager before the opening was advertised.

If they know you're a student and that this would be your first job, experience shouldn't be as big a deal. You just have to give the right impression and don't give them any opportunity to tell you "sorry, you're not fit for this job".

You have about two seconds to make a good first impression to the interviewer (or interviewers). And sometimes, they've already made up their mind about you within the first five minutes.

I'm sure you have applicable experience, you just haven't really thought about it. An important skill is self-assessment. If you can't identify for yourself your own strengths and weaknesses, your own failures and successes, your own value and ability to contribute to the company, why should an employer bother doing any of that for you? They don't know who you are and they likely go through hundreds of resumes all the time.

A lot of interview questions are really code for "Tell me why I shouldn't hire you". You have to do your best to politely decline answering that hidden question while still answering the surface question, if that makes sense. "Tell me your weaknesses"--tell them you're lazy, you're late all the time, and you hate paperwork, and you might as well have just gotten up and left the interview. "Tell me about yourself"--tell them your whole life story and you might as well have just broken out into song. At least that would be unique.