The Girl That Comes Into Work...

Myrodis19

First i apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I wasn't quite sure which it belonged in. But this one seems right.

So about 3-4 months ago I started to work at a local gas station around where I live. Things were good and I started to get more comfortable around strangers. Now the point of this is that there is this girl, let’s call her S (For Stranger). To start off I know very little about her as is. About the only thing I do know is that she is the sister of the person I replaced (He was let go because of some issues he was having, or so I was told). At first I just dismissed her as another regular customer, but as time went on I slowly began to get attracted to her. To be frank she isn’t what one would call a bombshell. But I do find her visually appealing. Other than that I think I like her attitude as well, S seems to be laid back. But other than that I just like her in general and I really do not know her that well (Ever happen to anyone else before?). I didn’t really make any progress with S until a month ago, and that progress is very small. Though the first time I actually talked with her was on a Saturday at the end of May. I found out she worked at a restaurant, and I asked jokingly if she could get me and my coworker (He was training for another location my boss owns so at that point he had the morning shift I had the night one, we were witching off when she came in) free food, she laughed and said “Maybe if I was there.” She laughed a bit at the joke. I then said since I haven’t seen her much by that time not to be a stranger and to stop in more. After that she left. So fast forward to the following Monday, I go in for the shift change and my coworker says S stopped in during the morning. He says he had to explain that we had different shifts to her so I assume she was asking about me, he then follows up with that he thinks she likes me and that she might stop in again at some point. Fast forward to 8 that night, we close early and I am just getting into the car, because my ride is there. I see said girl come to the door with a friend. I yell out the window sorry we are closed. She gives me this sort of pouty lip (The only reason I say this is because it’s a first for me believe it or not). After this for the next few weeks things are normal I see her from time to time but I always choke. Recently though within the past week I saw her again and we chatted again. Asked her how she was and she said god and asked me I said good as well. She asked how my job was and I said it was good, I asked the same and she said good and offered up info about how she was catering for a wedding this past Saturday. Now when she came in to work that time she had a calming look on her face but when she saw me she smiled.

Now I realize she could be being friendly but I have this feeling that she might actually like me a bit by what I know and feel. This make sense to anyone?  Now I honestly think I should ask her for her number, something as I stated is telling me to.

What I am here for:

-What are your interpretations of this?

-How can I overcome and just ask her out/for her number? (Keep in mind I work in retail so sometimes I have to be speedy)

-Unrelated sort of to the above but I don’t drive at the moment but I am working on it that a big deal?

-And I know some will say go for other girls, but the thing is I am trying to approach her first so that’s that. My main concern is I just need advice so I don’t make this girl a case of oneitis. I know it can develop into that.

-Any other advice?

Awww she asked for you. o3o

Yeah I think she's interested in you. That cool how you get regular customers at a gas station. I never go into gas stations I go to. Just get gas and leave.

Anyway I'm bad with relationship advice but I think you should visit her restaurant unannounced.

Also not having a car might be a big deal... Unless you're in a place where most people don't drive.

Just talk to her. If you want to ask her out, ask her out. If you don't want it to be specifically a date but still want to know her better, invite her to a social event with other people like a party or a group movie. There isn't really all that much for advice that we can give you. If you tell her that you like her, it is likely that even if she didn't see you in that way, in the following weeks she will begin checking you out and seeing if you would be a good potential boyfriend. So just go for it.

As for driving, it shouldn't be a big deal so long as you have transportation so you can see her whenever your schedules match. So public transportation/biking will likely work so long as she doesn't live super far away.

And in the terrible case of being shut down, just simply move on. You can still be friends, regulars are always something to look forward to. But obsessing over someone is a terrible thing and it is best just to go out and meet other people.

"But other than that I just like her in general and I really do not know her that well (Ever happen to anyone else before?)"

Yes. The remedy generally is to engage in conversation with her, haha.

It's fine to not drive. I don't drive. I've gone on dates where we took a taxi. I've also gone on dates where we walked. NBD. As long as it's not like, "We're gonna be in a taxi for three hours". That's pretty weird. But if you just need to hop a bus for like thirty minutes, who cares.

It's possible she likes you, it's possible she just wants to be friends.

If you want her number, just ask for it. I guess I don't really know what it's like to be a civilian woman, but I'm used to handing out my phone number to folks. At least you know they won't be a creepy fuck and just nab your number from a roster or something without you knowing.

Anyway, I wouldn't sweat it. Just talk to her and if it goes somewhere, it goes. If it doesn't, it doesn't. I wouldn't get hung up on it. Wu sah, broseph. Wu sah.