Scary Games?

Irish

What ones have you played? Do you have a specific flavour of spooky games that you prefer?

I'm a giant baby, so games that are scary to me might not be scary to you. These are still pretty good games though. Also they are free.

OFF can be pretty scary. There's one jump scare. The puzzles are pretty easy, you might have to write some stuff down, though. Most of the spookiness is derived from the atmosphere and the art is a little eerie. It has three endings.

The Witch's House has jump scares and puzzles. You die a lot because stuff just happens. (Obviously once you know it's there, it's easy to avoid.) It has two and a half endings.

Ib is too scary for me to handle right now. There are jump scares and puzzles. I don't know much about it because once the jump scares started happened, I freaked out and bailed. A lot of people like this game and I hear a lot of great things about it, so I feel confident that I am not recommending a terrible game to you.

Undertale may not count, but it's a little scary, if not unsettling. There's only a demo out, but the demo is pretty good and there's like three endings (that I've heard of so far). The battle system is pretty interesting too, I think you might like it.

Sorry for not including a list. And as far as flavours, all are welcomed.

And thanks for the suggestions, ill check those out!

Amnesia Dark Descent(and custom stories, though more are always welcomed)

Slender(ive played alot of variations but shoot ideas anyway, I like to play them all!)

She Comes

Maere: when the lights die

SCP containment breach

SCP 087 and 087-b

Anonymous Messages

Silent Hill

Resident Evil

Dead Space

Fear

Doom 3

Edited by Irish

I can't really play scary games. I'm a huge scaredy cat. I enjoy the thrill of scary movies (but pay for it with a week or two of no sleep), but with games I just can't. Scary games just make me way too nervous and gives me huge anxiety. I think it's because I can remain distant during movies, but in games I guess I feel like I'm there.

• Like 1

Cry of fear is a pretty good mod for half life 2 and scary enough, I also believe that it's now free on Steam.

Edit: I decided to make you a bit of a list =)

• Cry of Fear
  • Silent Hill(all of them)
  • Siren Blood Curse
  • Dead Space Series
  • Doom 3
  • F.E.A.R Series
  • Penumbra
  • Resident Evil
  • Anna
  • Dying Light -Releases sometime next year but worth a look, especially if you're into zombies games

Dying Light Vid ^ The Evil Wthin below

http://theevilwithin.com/

Here's a little teaser for a new horror game coming at some point.

Edited by Dark_Angel13

There's a online game that uses the Arma Package called Day Z. You start off as a normal human in a very large map with like 64 other players in a zombie infested area of the United States. This game is scary and difficult. It requires patience, memory, quick reflexes, fore sight, and options weighing skills. You can't win, your mission is just to stay alive until you feel like stopping or until you die. You look for supplies, weapons, water, and creature comforts to survive. You have to move slowly to avoid the zombies and try to move at night or they will catch you. When you do die which pretty much everyone does you just start over and try again. What's really hard is sometimes it's not even the zombies that kill you it's the lack of food and water, or a festering wound, or taking a chance and falling from a tall building, and then there's the other players. About 75% of the people you play with are out for themselves and no one can talk to each other unless there within shouting distance. Your better off holding someone at gun point and asking them for help then just hoping someone will.

There's a online game that uses the Arma Package called Day Z. You start off as a normal human in a very large map with like 64 other players in a zombie infested area of the United States. This game is scary and difficult. It requires patience, memory, quick reflexes, fore sight, and options weighing skills. You can't win, your mission is just to stay alive until you feel like stopping or until you die. You look for supplies, weapons, water, and creature comforts to survive. You have to move slowly to avoid the zombies and try to move at night or they will catch you. When you do die which pretty much everyone does you just start over and try again. What's really hard is sometimes it's not even the zombies that kill you it's the lack of food and water, or a festering wound, or taking a chance and falling from a tall building, and then there's the other players. About 75% of the people you play with are out for themselves and no one can talk to each other unless there within shouting distance. Your better off holding someone at gun point and asking them for help then just hoping someone will.

Yeah, Im a big fan of Day Z. Play it all the time actually.

I just started playing The Suffering again. It came out in 2004 and follows Torque a convict incarcerated on Carnate Island. Convicted for murder you must shoot and slash your way through a horde of monster's and get off the island to prove your innocence......... or guilt. Did I mention that as your insanity grows you can also turn into a rampaging monster yourself. You can find the game for free if you type it in the google search engine. It's old and somewhat out of date, but still scary if you wanna try it or if you have already replay it should you choose.

• Like 1

I just started playing The Suffering again. It came out in 2004 and follows Torque a convict incarcerated on Carnate Island. Convicted for murder you must shoot and slash your way through a horde of monster's and get off the island to prove your innocence......... or guilt. Did I mention that as your insanity grows you can also turn into a rampaging monster yourself. You can find the game for free if you type it in the google search engine. It's old and somewhat out of date, but still scary if you wanna try it or if you have already replay it should you choose.

Now that is an OLD game, idk if it was really all that scary though but maybe that's just me

• 1 month later...