[Question] Can I play Japanese Games on an Australian PS3?

J-Lord

Hey guys,

Just as the topic says, I wish to know if it possible to play a Japanese PS3 Game one a Australian PS3? Reason I ask is I would like to play some games from Japan that never got released into other countries such as some Bleach games. I am aware they would not have a English menu and such things but that does not concern me.

I am also asking here as I am getting mixed answers all over the net, some say you can and some say you cannot.

As Lemming has said ps3's are region free so they can play any game from anywhere unless by some random chance the disc wont play, keep in mind though that if you buy a game from japan it'll likely be locked in that languague so you might need to be able to read Japanese

Almost all PS3 games are region free, with the exceptions being Persona 4 and any game DLC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout#Sony

Sweet as, cheers guys and don't worry I was well aware if I bought a game from Jap that I would have to deal with the language. I have played jap roms before and adjusted to what certain symbols etc mean so I should be able to navigate the menus.

• Like 1