Never Again

Here's an experimental study about the effect spoilers have, or don't, on the enjoyment of media. It's pretty interesting.

I avoid mentioning spoilers for the sake of others because I don't like to unnecessarily incur people's wrath if I can help it, but I spoil pretty much everything I consume, unless I manage to consume the entire thing in a short amount of time. I didn't have time to spoil the Hunger Games because I read the trilogy in the space of three days.

I also like to analyse and think about my media, and I think, as is implied/mentioned in the study, that knowing these details beforehand can help in a person's analysis of the product. Either way, for me it's all about the journey. I might know ahead of time that Person A and Person B end up married, like I did for one of my webcomics, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the buildup to that relationship. Perhaps even enjoyed it more, because I was trying to figure out how the pieces fit together to form the final conclusion.

Perhaps one day I will spoil something and it will so thoroughly ruin my enjoyment that I will swear never to spoil myself again, only to do it again the next day. Some days I can't tear myself away from TV Tropes, haha.

• Like 1

I don't mind spoilers, it makes it easier for me to enjoy things, really. o3o

i don't mind when i see concrete under though...so yeah silly as it may be i swore to avoid those...and so far im doing a good job lol

But the concrete will squish you!! We all squish on concrete!! OnO

haha you're not the only one who pointed that out to me!

but i dont even know how to explain it myself...something about water under  :hguit5:

mind you im not a bad swimmer...lol

• Like 1

I've sworn never to speak of 3 things that have happened in my life... and eat a Chick-Fil-A. Which I haven't done since the second time I ate Chick-Fil-A, but never again... OH GOD THE NIGHT TERRORS I GOT FROM THAT PLACE. q ~q

What happened at Chick-fil-A? I don't eat there a lot, I'm still really angry they got rid of the spicy chicken nuggets.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME

I MADE MY MISTAKES

Anyway, I like their lemonade. it is delicious.

I ate there is what happened. Their food tastes like ass and it sends me straight to the bathroom, it's like a war-zone in there man!