Dark vs Light (GvE with a Twist)

Dae314

87 + 2 = 89

It started out as a somewhat-heavy-but-still-light-enough-to-be-a-forum-game game. The idea was to have people play some skills related games to "roll" their stats for a character and have that character battle other players comically. There are a ton and a half of rules, but most of them are just restrictions to promote fair play and specific explanations of how certain systems work so people can't exploit them. The actual game rules are pretty simple:

1) roll your stats

2) attack another player

3) be attacked by another player

4) buy items/level up

5) repeat

Most of the calculations are done for you in the excel sheet I provide ^^ so all you need to do is remember to keep things up to date. The game started to change however when people began dropping out. Once it was down to just me and Hawkester we kinda turned it into an RP. At first the story was directionless and involved just us typing out in narrative form how we fought each other and won, but within the past couple pages, I started up a real full-blown plot line. We're in the middle of that plot line right now, but I have it flexible enough that more people coming in wouldn't kill it (unless the more people coming in just post "I stab <player> for <x> damage..." -_-). If you wanna jump in, you're welcome to :). Just give the bold parts of the rules a nice read so you're not completely lost, and when questions come up, I can answer them. Also, you might wanna skim the past several posts to get a bearing on where the story is right now xD.

Edited by Dae314

89 + 2 = 91

Actually the funny thing is that all of our posts are on the current page, except maybe like two on the previous. The length we got to is just tricking us into thinking we've done this over multiple posts.

Also I'll be bringing back that creepy voice in my head in my next post, but if you want to post Breathless, go right ahead. It'll be nice to have another person.

94 + 1 = 95

Because it's free, and he can. Coincidentally, I noticed that I actually forgot to check the post number before I did a flip >.>''' It's waaaay too late to go back on it now though, so I wonder if we should just void that rule. People had a hard time following it from the beginning, and after being so long without a flip, I forgot about it too xD. We have yet to see a major flip war, and if we go all the way down to 1, I guess it wouldn't be too bad. Majority vote will just void that rule going forward :D.

@job,

That's the thread we tried but failed to get you to join.

-51 - 2 = -53

You know... I have the best idea ever. I want to avoid flip wars, but I don't want it to be complicated like "only even posts" so...

YOU CAN FLIP WHENEVER IT'S EVEN BUT YOU CAN'T FLIP BACK IN THE POST IMMEDIATELY AFTER A FLIP.

I facepalmed when I realized that this would be a much easier rule to follow and accomplish the same thing >.>

This way, the impact of my mistake (and earlier mistakes) is minimized and shouldn't affect the outcome of the game :D.