Dark vs Light (GvE with a Twist)

Dae314

Since the binary thread is 99.9% done, I was trying to think of a new game to play. Looking at the GvE thread, I was struck with a question: how can I make this game more strategic?

This is going to be only SLIGHTLY more complex than GvE. I promise it's going to be nowhere near the complexity of Forum RPG Battle Royale -_-.

Rules:

1) Start at 0, the first reply chooses which sign to start on

2) Light Side is aiming to get to +1000

3) Dark side is aiming to get to -1000

4) When the number is negative, posters MUST subtract (make it more negative)

5) When the number is positive, posters MUST add (make it more positive)

6) The value you put in can be 1 or 2, whichever you want.

7) Here's the trick :D. When the COUNT IS EVEN (so we don't have to worry about the .5 left over), you CAN (but you don't have to) divide the current number by -2 (flip the sign and cut the count in half).

8) You CANNOT add/subtract value from the count and perform a flip in the same post.

9*) You also CANNOT flip the count again in the post immediately following a flip.

*note: I did this to prevent people from just dividing by 2 constantly all the way down to -1/1 -_-.

Basically, I'm hoping with this to introduce the opportunity for one side side to sabotage the other (but still keep the game fair and moving). Hopefully the rules aren't too complex and I didn't overlook anything ^^;. Also, of course double posting isn't allowed ;).

Lets start:

Edited by Dae314

-19 -2 = -23

The good people might already be here just biding their time since doing a flip cuts the count in half. You'll never really know until someone tries to set things up to perform a flip because you're forced to go only 1 way ^^. That's why I made the game this way :D. Covert ops, internal subversion, etc. all slightly more possible in this version of the game.