So there's a STOW and BOTW...

The Welsh Paddy

1 member has voted

1. 1. Story of The Month Competition?

• Yes.
    • Not interested.

Why not a similar competition, but with writing? A weekly competition would be a bit much, but I think a Story of The Month competition would be perfectly reasonable. It would be for completely original works (so no fan-fiction), and there would be a required minimum amount of words (I think 500 words should be the minimum requirement for entry.)

Entries would be PM'd into the competition manager and when the entry time is over, they will all be posted in the one post (Each story in an individual spoiler tag.) and then voted on by the members.

I don't like the idea of using themes when it comes to story writing, but we could do something like having each competitor begin their story with the exact same paragraph. In short it will follow some typical writing exercises that you would come across when studying creative writing.

So who's interested?

As I've mentioned to Drumroll, anyone is free to host a writing competition. Just let me know when/if it goes up so I can sticky the thread for you.

I've seen, in my trawling through the archives of this forum, various iterations of writing contests, including a few in the Balamb Cafe. They've had different rules, different limitations, different themes and prompts. None seem to make it past one or two rounds, so I feel like what Loki says is true. Maybe you'll be able to find a winning formula for it, though, and get people into it. I'd be down for participating if you do.

tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow.gif

Well this is quite positive. I mean, I guess three or more entries would be enough for a competition like this. I'd be participating myself. I could arrange to have a contest begin at the 1st of November. That's only a week away, so more interest in this might spark up in the meantime. But three entries would definitely be enough.

Well this is quite positive. I mean, I guess three or more entries would be enough for a competition like this. I'd be participating myself. I could arrange to have a contest begin at the 1st of November. That's only a week away, so more interest in this might spark up in the meantime. But three entries would definitely be enough.

Let me know how this goes, I may be interested in it