RikuoAmero

Hey guys. I'm popping out in a few minutes, but I just thought I'd post this here.

Want to help write a crossover fic? It'll be one of those round robins, where different authors write different chapters. Basically, it'll be a Batman/Dune crossover. Please only submit a chapter if you have extensive knowledge of both: simply seeing the Chris Nolan'verse Batman movies or the David Lynch Dune movie doesn't count. For Dune...at least make sure you've read the original Dune and Dune Messiah.

This is how my preferred premise would go, if you want a different one, let me know and/or submit the first chapter. If, by the time I get started writing this tonight, no-one has said otherwise, I'll start this fic off with my premise.

Some powerful being (think a mischievous omnipotent being like Q from Star Trek) is bored one day and takes Batman (Bruce Wayne, not any of the other characters that have adopted the Batman persona) and dumps him on Arrakis. The being tells Batman that the only way he can go home is to make it to Emperor Paul Muad'Dib's bedroom and, I dunno, go through his wardrobe like in Narnia or something.

The being also talks to Paul Muad'Dib and says that his empire will be destroyed and humankind wiped out of existence if he can successfully keep Batman from reaching his goal. (Whether or not this threat is actually true is up to you)

This fic will be heavily focused on the two characters, Paul and Batman. They're more or less the same type of character: they're both highly trained warriors, with great knowledge and experience in a wide variety of subjects and disciplines. I expect Batman to use detective and stealth skills to infiltrate the palace and find his way around it. Don't have Paul just sitting on his throne the whole time. While of course he can have his men do the work, at some point, he's got to do something himself.

There is one thing Paul must NOT be able to do: he cannot use his prescience to be able to predict where Batman is (otherwise, the story will be over very quickly). Make up your own reason if you want; I suggest saying that Paul's prescience doesn't work on beings from other universes.

Oh yeah...at the end, there has GOT to be a showdown between the two. I've always wondered how a fight between two men both said to be humanity's finest warrior would be. If anyone feels like doing some artwork, great! Okay, toodles! See ya later!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that you might be asking too much of people, haha. You seem to have a pretty good idea of where you want this story to go and how you want to get there, so perhaps turning this into a round robin may not be the best of ideas. A more softcore idea may be in order.

And isn't there more than one Batman canon? I know for most other superheros they have at least three or four different canons, so I'm wondering how much and what you expect people to know if just watching the Dark Knight movies doesn't count. (Which is understandable, haha.)

Woah...sorry guys I had actually completely forgotten about this. I'll get to writing the first chapter.

And isn't there more than one Batman canon? I know for most other superheros they have at least three or four different canons, so I'm wondering how much and what you expect people to know if just watching the Dark Knight movies doesn't count. (Which is understandable, haha.)

When I asked for people to have knowledge of Batman, I guess I should have expanded on it. The Nolanverse is relatively sparse compared to the comic'verse, so I'd prefer potential writers to be more familiar with the comic'verse. I myself don't actually read the comics, but I do tend to hover around the Batman wiki site from time to time. I'm not asking writers to know every single twist and turn the comic'verse has taken over the years, but to have a decent understanding. For example, if a writer wants to bring in a Robin, make sure you know which Robin you're bringing in, what they're capable of and have some idea of their personality.