Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption

Dark_Angel13

Ok so I've been playing these two games a lot for the past week or so and I've been thinking about how they both could be made into some pretty cool animes or manga if done just right, wasn't sure where to post this but I'm sure here is fine. I think they'd make some nice animes/manga as I said above, give your thoughts on the topic, I'm curious to see what people think of this so let's hear it :)

Skyrim could make an amazing anime/movie as long as someone competent was in charge. Like Peter Jackson. Or Guillermo Del Toro. Both of them could make one hell of a Skyrim movie.

It would make a great movie too, so would Red Dead Redemption if they did it just right, though I think I'd rather a TV series for RDR, since it's a long game

With Skyrim being an RPG, it'd be quite a challenge deciding which route to go down with the anime/manga... If it was done well, though, I reckon it would be awesome. The landscape would make some awesome looking art possible.

Unfortunately I've never played Red Dead, so I can't offer my opinion on that as I don't have one :P

Skyrim could make an amazing anime/movie as long as someone competent was in charge. Like Peter Jackson. Or Guillermo Del Toro. Both of them could make one hell of a Skyrim movie.

Agreed on that, too. The only barrier I can see would be deciding what route to go down, and what race the character would be etc...

I agree that they could make some really good anime but maybe even a live action tv series? I know that there is a great tv series that has been make by wayside creations (Youtube Channel) which follows fallout but it doesn't really follow any of fallouts main story line. It sort of just diverges to another character/part of the world.

is the first episode of that series if you are interested in watching it. I believe that something like that could be done for skyrim, not too sure about red dead redemption though because I have never played it. It would be interesting what someone could do if they were given the money to play around with and the consent to go ahead and make it. We will probably never see though else someone decides to make a mini series on youtube. Edited by Bindy

The two who haven't played RDR should, it is a wonderful game and is quite enjoyable to play in my experience, it's fairly cheaper than Skyrim now too lol.

"The only barrier I can see would be deciding what route to go down, and what race the character would be etc..."

I could see why this would be a barrier but, no one says you have to do just one character for the movie or anime, you could have a small group like most do and in the game you can hire or acquire companions to help you, it could be like that, though deciding on the main would still be difficult but it is Skyrim so a nord would make sense to choose.

Storywise you'd have to stick to the whole Alduin thing but the first episoide of the anime could be Helghan or however it's spelt and it's attack, then the next could be the part where the main finds the first town, make it so that he was alone when he escaped so he didnt take sides straight away for imperial or stormcloaks. Then build on the character from there.

If he showed up grizzled and wounded from the attack perhaps the blacksmith would take him/her in and then it continues from the story like that, going to Whiterun etc etc, perhaps the main meets there first companion there or something

Okay so my last post was me basically planning out the first episode hahaha so now I think I'm gonna write up som sort of story for it or maybe start a RDR one. I have to agree with Deathdealer that the western thing hasn't been used much in anime which would either make it a rarity or something people wouldnt be interested in, considering some people are against new things. RDR would also make a great TV show or miniseries as I believe one of you mentioned already or perhaps it was me hahaha

Great Idea, the only problem would be finding a group willing to do the animation and voice acting. Original cast would be great for voices but the animation would need to be handled by a trustworthy company, who would be able to represent the characters well with their unique animation style, seeing as that would be able to bring the character element from the video games to the animation. If that makes any sence at all lol

You have obviously never experienced the shitstorm that ensues whenever there's even a vague rumour that a western rpg is getting an anime adaptation.

I don't think you realise this is just an idea, this wasnt made for people to comment and say how much of a shitstorm it would be if it was happening, it was made for people to comment on how it would be good or not and why or to mess with the idea. So be a little more constructive next time perhaps or don't go straight to the bad side of things if this were to happen