Got a Canon EOS 1100D

RikuoAmero

As the title says, I've got a new camera.

http://s1136.photobu...497/RikuoAmero/

There are a few photos I shot this morning. I'll upload the rest tonight once I get in from work. Just so ya know, this is my first DSLR, so I'm a noob at this. I do have some great help (best mate's father teaches photography in college, yay!)

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Okay, I've been out and about today, and here's 127 new photos. They were taken as Canon RAW, then batch converted to JPEG using Adobe Photoshop CS6, then uploaded to Facebook with the High Quality box checked. For comparison, the collective file size of the RAWs is 2.12GB, while the same photos in JPEG format are 111MB.

I'm not happy with the waterfall photos. Even though they were taken at shutter speed 1/4000, they're still not great.

https://www.facebook...=1&l=fb8fe2e61c

Edited by RikuoAmero

I can see what you mean about the waterfall - The lighting wasn't really with you on that one, though. Perhaps go back at a different time of day? It's a nice shot, but the patchy sun doesn't really add to it. :(

Overall though, they're really nice :) The focusing is still maybe slightly off in a few, as Mute Point mentioned... Definitely improved though. You may want to read a guide on framing your shots, too - They duck ones have potential but they'd be nicer with some bank or something, to frame the group of birds. :)

Just some thoughts - As a whole a nice group of photos, well done :D