The Ridiculously Random Contest I

Dae314

don't know to be honest. Why not just wait until there is a decent number of entries?

I'm writing one at the moment but due to an ever prevalent lack of time I am struggling to finish it.

Perhaps we could get people to enter any story they like so long as it is fantasy related.

either way, I think we should just wait until we have at least 4-5 entries-not least because I haven't finished mine yet:D

This contest should be more random! I mean... i would enter, but with a gif or a amv. If its somehow related to the theme, people should be able to enter with anything and the entrydeadline should be two or four weeks.

not a bad idea;a battle royale with the only rule being the theme of construction. I.e horror, fairytale etc.

But yeah, the time limit is too short. I finish work sometimes at 8pm recently, then I have to help with the horses outside, leaving little time left-or energy for that matter- to write a decent story. I only manage a few lines every night before I just have an exhausted brain fart.

Well, I said I didn't want to judge, but I got a PM asking my opinion on this. So here goes.

I'm all for either voting on what we have, or giving another deadline, and if we don't get more entries by then, then we still vote on what we have.

As for how long of a deadline.. Given that we're not asking for any huge novel or anything like that.. Just a very short story, a page or two at most. I'd say that anyone who is serious about doing this could easily be done in a week from starting time.

Therefore, my vote is, give them 1 more week, and if there are no more entries, then vote on what there is.

@play, that was actually the original idea, but I thought that judging would get hard if we did it that way. Arguments could come up like "but it's so much harder to make a hand drawn animated gif than a story!!! the gif should definitely win" and then there would be a bias toward certain types of entries when all entries should be judged equally.

@mute, I know you're not a judge, but you did donate, and if you don't feel like the judging should've happened with only 2 entries then you might not give your gil to the winner. You won't be part of the judging, but you are part of the reward :P.

I don't quite have a majority of judges on this, but I'll just leave the contest open for now.