Restorations...

-Zero-

So yeah, I happen to have the psd files of some of my very first sigs, and I decided to see what I could change in it to make it more appealing after a time span of say a year?

This one is a Naruto sig. This was when I was learning the basics and one of my first "serious" signatures that I spent an hour on. The overall design hasn't changed, but there is a noticeable color boost and lighting changes as well. This is my first one of a series...

Old:

narutomw.png

New:

narutorestore.png

• 1 year later...

Ah this thread has gotten old....but I SHALL REVIVE IT!! i think.

Any who, the point of this thread(back in 2012) was to take signatures that I had made during my early Photoshop years and see how they could be improved upon or changed. Some of them were noticeable changes while others were subtle. I have no idea why I lost interest but that interest is back, and I'll slowly showcase new versions of old versions....if that makes any sense. I'll do my best this time not to let it get super old. Maybe once every month or twice...we'll see.

The signature I will demonstrate today is an oldie but goodie. Created in 2010-2011(i think), Fury is a Shana signature. It is one of those rare examples when I hit the critical points in a signature on the first try. To this day, I consider it one of my best novice level signatures that I ever made.

Looking it over this year, I decided that there were key places where the signature could be changed. This is a new take on the signature so granted it'll look different than the other one. The overall composition is the same, as I didn't want to change that, but I added a new clipping mask( I may go over this one again, since in some places it looks obtrusive but not by much). I darkened up the edges a bit. Color is enhanced and made more prominent. I sharpened the signature using the H.P.F/L.L method. Speaking of lighting, I actually added a source of lighting (her Nietono no Shana). It may seem a bit overpowering but it is a flaming sword afterall. Finally, I got rid of the SZ logo(cause it's a bit bland to me now) and added some thin black bars on the top and bottom. Overall, it's not a major difference in the setup, but rather in the ambience, the tonal atmosphere. As always, If you would like to give feedback, then by all means you may do so, and I thank you for it as well. Enjoy!

*I will no longer post up small versions of the signatures as these are not signatures that I will be using as my personal signatures. In other words, I will upload the original sizes of these signatures, because it serves to show more detail that way, and most of them were pretty large to begin with anyway.

Original

11080444726_f05e5e213b_o.png

2013 Version

11080445016_60bd61cfe2_o.png

Edited by Seraph