4tb seagate hard drive- your opinion

Reptoholic

Honestly I'd avoid Seagate. I have one Seagate and 3 Western Digitals and well the Seagate is always making loud noises and loads a lot slower. Most of my friends experiences with Seagate has been bad as well.

I'm the exact same. The first 2TB I bought was a Seagate, and it clicks and is ungodly slow...so slow in fact, that I can't even play videos off of it, too laggy. Once I build my new computer, I'll be taking the drive out of its enclosure and sticking it inside (along with a 120GB SSD boot drive and another brand new 2TB WD drive).

Also Fat 32 IIRC has a limit of 1.5 or 2TB, so you wouldnt be able to connect a 4TB to hardware that only accepts Fat 32 such as a PS3 or most HD TVs etc...

I'm pretty sure that a 4TB drive would come pre-formatted in NTFS, and only a madman would consider reformatting it to FAT32. Plus, I don't think you would be able to use it anyway with a PS3, mine has only ever accepted USB sticks, and as for sticking it inside the PS3, they accept 2.5" drives, not full sized 3.5" desktops drives.

I've heard bad things about Seagate, which is why I only have Western Digitals.

Any hard drive that isn't portable (what I mean is... the ones that stand up) is pretty fragile. You drop it once, you kill it. My portable 500GB & 750GB hard drives are still going strong after 1+ years! I had to change the 3TB to a 2TB within the last year, though, but Costco is great for that~