Nintendo 3DS vs PSvita: who of you is planning on getting a PSvita

salmun

wich will you go for?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. wich will you go for?

• PSvita
    • Nintendo 3DS

as you may have heard this hand held will be the predecessor of the PSP and PSP go

it will include wi-fi and 3G wi-fi for on the go entertainment; for this they partnured with atnt as the exclusive carrier for PSvita in the US.

the PSvita will not support UMD discs but instead will use NVG cards similer to those used by nintendo DS and 3DS.

there are two models one with wi-fi(249.99) only and one with 3G/wi-fi(299.99)

upcoming releases for the ps vita are

LittlBigPlanet Vita

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Silent Hill: Book of Memories

Modnation Racers

Assassins Creed PSVita

Bioshock PSVita

Killzone PSvita

with the PSVita will PlayStation be able to dominate the handheld market that Nintendo has been dominating or will they screw it up somehow? or do you think the 3DS is better?

what are your thoughts on this?

right now the money I have left over from the job i had during the summer is enough to buy two of each Nintendo 3DS and PSvita plus some games to go along with as well. Since I've never had a Ds of any kind it would be interesting to play Mario kart in 3D for the first time. Though personally I would side with the PSvita since I own the original PSP version 1001 and never had any other handheld that I used more then the PSP for gaming.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting the PS Vita on day one, but I'm holding off on the 3DS until we get something truly new from nintendo on that system (All new 3D zelda, or a 3D Mario because 3DS Land isn't different enough and Mario Kart 7 is... well it's a Mario Kart game, nothing different at all)

I'm pretty big on import gaming, so I'll be buying a Vita because of the fact that the games for it aren't region locked. The region locking on the 3DS is quite possibly one of the biggest disappointments ever from Nintendo.

There's also the fact that I'm not really a huge fan of Nintendo to begin with and have gotten far more use out of my PSP than my DS due to my taste in games and what each console has to offer in terms of them.

3DS is lacking a lot of games even though it's been out for awhile... Though if it were to get Monster Hunter Tri G here in America I might would think otherwise. I think i'd prefer PS Vita, mainly because of the FFX HD Remake. Also I feel like it'll see a lot of good PS2 games.

I for one am getting a ps vita!!!!!!!!!! the 3ds is shot, no one i talk to likes the 3d screen and complains they can't play it for very long. i have heard a few good things but just for me too many bad out weighs the good for my tastes. i think the 3ds is a partial mistake.