Testing Functionality

Koby

is there a way to have say 4 banners in rotation for a quarter of the day each? or does that have to be done manually? otherwise we could change botm to banner of the fortnight and keep the winner up for the two weeks?

also, what about the different themes? i miss my dark skin. all around rpg hurts my eyes

I'll see what I can come up with on the rotation code. Might be able to find one that's coded better than this one I wrote. Otherwise, yeah we might start doing what you said with the banner every two weeks.

As for the themes I mainly did that out of laziness. Didn't want to have to edit all the themes for the banner rotation just for a short test. I'll have them enabled again soon. However I do have a surprise in store coming next month which if All-Around RPG isn't to your likely as far as being bright, you might not like.

Wow that is a big difference.. What were the rates specifically for the chatbox?

We'll see in the next 24 hours as I've re-enabled it.

I decided not to go on the planned trip tomorrow so I've got nothing but free time to do as I please until Sunday and will once again have to house to myself. =P Main reason I decided not to go is because the dogs have been digging out the past week and I keep having to catch them and patch holes they dug under the fence and no one else would be here to do that. >.> That and well I have several packages coming this week that wouldn't all fit in the mail box and it's likely going to rain, so yeah don't want them to get ruined. Anyways I'll be taking the vacation sometime next month instead, lol.

I'll see what I can come up with on the rotation code. Might be able to find one that's coded better than this one I wrote. Otherwise, yeah we might start doing what you said with the banner every two weeks.

As for the themes I mainly did that out of laziness. Didn't want to have to edit all the themes for the banner rotation just for a short test.

i will discuss with the other gfx peoples what we can work out =) i take it we find out tomorrow if it's the cb or the banners. hopefully you find a better coded one otherwise it's BOTFN for us XD

and having the themes back will be good =)

About the same amount of visitors and file hits as yesterday with only about 1 GB more used from the CB being enabled. Which would conclude that 1/5 of the extra load is the CB, while 4/5 would likely be the banner rotation. As a result of these tests we'll be keeping the ChatBox but doing away with the Banner Rotation in favor of Shazi's suggestion until I can come up with a new method that would be more efficient on load.

*edit*

Skin Selection is re-enabled.