Thinking about getting an Origin Genesis

Spacecreepkitan

I've been looking at their site for a while and have found mostly good reviews on the interwebs about them, anyhow I just got a small inheritance so I figured I'd make the plunge now.... My goal is to keep it under $4,000 I'm aware that I should build my own rig but I'm not really interested in doing that right now, and I'm aware that it would be cheaper aswell ... soooo...

---edit--- any input would be nice !

Case (Chassis): Corsair Obsidian 800D

CaseExteriors: Case Exterior: No Paint

CaseLighting: CaseLighting: No Lighting

CaseWindow: Case Window

The ORIGIN Difference: Truly Custom PCs. Want a component that is not on our site? Call or email us and we will include it in your system.

Included

Case Fans: Noiseblocker Mutliframe High-Performance Ultra Silent Fans

$49.00

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV EXTREME Z (USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s, 3X SLI capable)

$207.00

Processor: Overclocked Intel Core i7 2600K 4.0GHz - 4.7GHz LGA 1155 Quad-Core Processor (8MB L3 Cache)

$211.00

System Cooling: ORIGIN CRYOGENIC Custom Liquid Cooling CPU & Motherboard (refill kit included)

$570.00

Bay Devices: None

Included

Media Card Reader: None

Included

Power Supply: 1050 watt Corsair HX1050 PSU

$163.00

Graphics Card: Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD6950

$492.00

Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz (4x 4GB) Dual Channel Memory

$95.00

RAID Controllers: None

Included

RAID Configuration: None

Included

Hard Drive One: 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 64MB Cache HDD

$139.00

Hard Drive Two: None

Included

Hard Drive Three: None

Included

Hard Drive Four: None

Included

Optical Drive One: 12X Blu-ray Disc (BD) Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD)

$110.00

Optical Drive Two: None

Included

Audio: 8-channel High Definition Surround Sound Support

Included

Networking: D-Link Wireless DWA-556 Xtreme N PCI Express Desktop Adapter (Internal)

$72.00

Operating System: Genuine MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition

$89.00

ORIGIN Maximum Protection Shipping Process: ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor

Included

Warranty: 3 Year Part Replacement and Free Shipping Warranty with DVD image and Lifetime Support/Labor

$269.00

Evolve Part Upgrade Service: No Part Upgrade Service

Included

Additional Charges:

Free ORIGIN T-shirt: ORIGIN T-shirt Large

Product Subtotal: $3,877.00

You might want to hold back on the liquid cooling. I've been researching my own custom rig for the past six months, and I've come to this conclusion: unless you already have experience with maintaining a liquid cooled system, don't bother, especially with a system that expensive.

As for graphics cards, while I do have a Radeon HD 5770 at the moment and it has given me nothing but hugs and rainbows, I'd advise you to go for an Nvidia card, so you can take advantage of PhysX.

Here's an example of PhysX in Batman Arkham City.

skip ahead to about 34 secs

NVIDIA's tesselation is like 1000 times better than ATI's also.. @_@ I love my ATI 6970 though because with the one I have.. I can use either one, two, or 3 NVIDIA cards WITH this one! Thats right.. ATI and NVIDIA can work together now.. not just one or the other. ^_^

and Rikuo.. about this, "I've come to this conclusion: unless you already have experience with maintaining a liquid cooled system, don't bother, especially with a system that expensive." Why would you need experience? Also.. why have you completely ruled out water cooling without any realistic reason(s)?(no offense but you havent really mentioned any reason not to use water cooling)

NVIDIA's tesselation is like 1000 times better than ATI's also.. @_@ I love my ATI 6970 though because with the one I have.. I can use either one' date=' two, or 3 NVIDIA cards WITH this one! Thats right.. ATI and NVIDIA can work together now.. not just one or the other. ^_^

and Rikuo.. about this, "I've come to this conclusion: unless you already have experience with maintaining a liquid cooled system, don't bother, especially with a system that expensive." Why would you need experience? Also.. why have you completely ruled out water cooling without any realistic reason(s)?(no offense but you havent really mentioned any reason not to use water cooling)[/quote']

Because I've gone around the interwebz and plenty of other people have told me that maintaining liquid cooling is a delicate task, especially for the inexperienced. There's getting the right coolant, making sure the cooling system is screwed in correctly so there are no leaks, cleaning out the system every so often. Basically, for me, the extra hassle just isn't worth it. If I was to get a liquid cooled system, I would start out on a basic cheap PC, to get the hang of it, rather than potentially screwing up a $4000 computer.

well how bout a single 3GB Nvidia GTX 580 ??? or an EVGA GTX 580 Classified ??? would one of these suffice for maximum settings in most games ?

Hell yeah. A single 580 would max out every game currently on the market. If you take a look at what I'm building though, you'll note I'm getting two. That's because I want to future-proof it: in a year or two, there'll be games that a single 580 will struggle with at highest settings.

the configurator automatically switches to sealed liquid cooling for my processor options and sealed liquid cooling looked very ... well ... lame :P it really doesn't seem that complicated but I dunno I have doubts about the liquid cooling now : / thanks ALOT rikuo -glares at rikuo- lol Idunno though does a ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 120 Sealed Liquid Cooling System sound fine for this build ?

----edit---- I could really use some advice on the subject of cooling :/

• 1 month later...

Nice. You may recall me bitching about liquid cooling, well it looks like both you and I have gone for a liquid CPU cooler. They're good because they're completely sealed and you don't have to worry about refills or maintenance. Now, if that's the exact PC you'll be getting next week...it does raise an eyebrow. Judging from the motherboard in the picture, it looks to be what I got for my rig, the Asus P8Z68 Deluxe. Did you change your mobo to that, or did Origin fuck up there, when you ordered this in your original post

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_IV_ExtremeZ/

This is what I got and what's shown in the picture

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68_DELUXE/

well how bout a single 3GB Nvidia GTX 580 ??? or an EVGA GTX 580 Classified ??? would one of these suffice for maximum settings in most games ?

If you're talking about max settings at a screen resolution of 2560x1600 then the 3 GB memory will definitely help. It's pretty much been shown that the GTX 580 can handle max settings at any resolution. I remember seeing a review about it where it reached 26 fps at 2560x1600 with all settings on high and 16xAF in Metro 2033. This was with the 1.5 GB version mind you. Not that it makes a difference, but I'm willing to bet that the 3GB will help most if you're running a three monitor setup or a 30 in monitor. Too bad I can't recommend the HD 7970 cause it's not an available option.....but hey, it's your choice bro, and from the looks of it, you already have a solid build!!

@ Rikuo , nawwwww, this Is EXACTLY what I'm getting, I changed the build a bit ( didn't I mention that, hmmmmmm, no ? lol ) this is the updated goodie-list

Case (Chassis): Corsair Obsidian 800D

Processor: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHz/3.9GHz

Turbo LGA 1155 Quad-Core Processor (8MB L3 Cache)

Graphics Card: Dual 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GTX 580

Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600Mhz (4x4GB) Dual Channel Memory

System Cooling: ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 120 Sealed Liquid Cooling Systems

Power Supply: 1.2 Kilowatt Antec High Current Pro

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 V PRO (USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s,)

Hard Drive One: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black-SATA-III, 6Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 64MB Cache HDD

Optical Drive One: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Bay Devices: Aerocool Touch 2000 - Touch LCD,Temperature Display and Fan Controller

Audio: 8-channel High Definition Surround Sound Support

Networking: Onboard Network Port

Operating System: Genuine MS Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Edition

around $3,800.00 still, but I wanted to splurge and I'm very satisfied with the build. UPS contacted me via E-mail, guess I'll be seeing this thing by friday evening : D

@ SeraphZero, I'll be using dual monitors :3