Anime Stories That Are Inspired From Other Stories.

gekku

Has anyone else found the links between some anime stories and the stories/ideas that may have inspired them?

One interesting one to note is the similarities between 'Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood' and the conspiracy of the New World Order, Anti-Christ, Theology etc, that some or most Christians believe in.

Anyone else know any? Try to make it spoiler free. :)

Guilty Crown from Code Geass, I think.

Guilty Crown has actually been coined as 'Ghost in the Bubblegum Geass' by anime fans on the internet. Everything about it has been taken from popular shows that came before it.

Bleach is a low-grade crappy rip off of Yuyu Hakusho with a little bit of Dragon Ball Z mixed in with terribly story telling.

Lots of anime actually 'borrows' from past anime series.. very few are actually original at all.

Beh, even if it's more or less a CG-ripoff, it'd still worth watching. I'm watching it myself, and am sure as hell loving it.

Most people enjoyed the first episode but it's been getting terrible reviews for all episodes after that.

Code Geass had a decent story, likeable characters and such... but had terrible storytelling and pacing.

Most people enjoyed the first episode but it's been getting terrible reviews for all episodes after that.
I have checked two episodes myself and I rated both the episodes same, i.e. a 9. The overall score for GC from my side: 9. I don't care if anyone's bitching about it; if I like it, I'll watch it. Up till now, it's the second best seasonal anime for me—with Fate/Zero preceding it. Though, I sure hope GC moves apart from CG in the upcoming episodes.

I have checked two episodes myself and I rated both the episodes same, i.e. a 9. The overall score for GC from my side: 9. I don't care if anyone's bitching about it; if I like it, I'll watch it. Up till now, it's the second best seasonal anime for me—with Fate/Zero preceding it. Though, I sure hope GC moves apart from CG in the upcoming episodes.

Well honestly.. I can't take someone's word for what a show is worth when they'd rate Monster any higher than a 5 to 6 and actually try to recommend others to watch it. Absolutely NOTHING happened in Monster and it ended in a full circle starting right back from the beginning all over again. But to each their own.

Well honestly.. I can't take someone's word for what a show is worth when they'd rate Monster any higher than a 5 to 6 and actually try to recommend others to watch it. Absolutely NOTHING happened in Monster and it ended in a full circle starting right back from the beginning all over again. But to each their own.
I don't know if you're talking about me or not, but I never watched Monster. Though, I did read the manga and it was awesome! You'd better check it out, man. It'd take far less time, too, if you compare it with the time the anime would eat. 74 episodes isn't kiddish shit. Though, I'll check out the anime in future. I tend to judge anime based on my own opinion; if it turns out bad, I'll come and support your judgement. Heh.

Wow thankyou for clearing that up for me. After watching the last episode of Monster i literally asked myself.. What just happened? And basiclly nothing did happened other then figuring why and how it started; nothing really ended.