Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time 2432.jpg

Just watched it and this is one of my favorites I've seen all year. Compelling time travel stories are not the easiest to execute but that was definitely the case here. I have been meaning to watch it for so long that I don't know how I never got around to it. I even inadvertently saw a dedicated amv (run makoto run) for it before this, though I only realized that during the ending scene.

On 6/26/2024 at 4:55 AM, Zemekis said:

To follow up Kite Liberator (and keeping with the Yasuomi Umetsu theme), I watched Mezzo Forte last week. The OVA, not the series. I like it! It was funnier than Kite or Kite Liberator, but still very much in line with them. There is even a Kite easter egg for eagle-eyed viewers! I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it. It's even goofier than Kite Liberator. It's like a dark-comedy version of Kite. Yet another assassin OVA with a female protagonist + H-scenes with her coworkers. Let me know if you've seen it @Arisien

As far as I am aware, I have yet to watch Mezzo Forte. Though I do plan on watching more arms series in the future! Sorry I forgot to reply to this, been so busy with work and uni T.T

8 hours ago, Arisien said:

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time 2432.jpg

Just watched it and this is one of my favorites I've seen all year. Compelling time travel stories are not the easiest to execute but that was definitely the case here. I have been meaning to watch it for so long that I don't know how I never got around to it. I even inadvertently saw a dedicated amv (run makoto run) for it before this, though I only realized that during the ending scene.

As far as I am aware, I have yet to watch Mezzo Forte. Though I do plan on watching more arms series in the future! Sorry I forgot to reply to this, been so busy with work and uni T.T

No problem. I'm very busy at work too. I'm going to watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time! It's been on my list for a very long time too.

13 hours ago, Zemekis said:

Do you have a quick review? I just Googled this and it looks pretty cool.

Well, I've been reading the manga since its first chapter... so I was gonna watch it anyway! 🙃

But it definitely is a good watch, it's a typical shonen manga/anime with some crazy comedy and very nice action. The pacing is perfect, not too slow to lose the audience nor too fast that you can't tell what's heppening. And the opening and ending themes are SO good! 😆

I would definitely recommend this if your a fan of action and proper plot stories. 🙂

• Like 2

17 hours ago, warriorpirate said:

Well, I've been reading the manga since its first chapter... so I was gonna watch it anyway! 🙃

But it definitely is a good watch, it's a typical shonen manga/anime with some crazy comedy and very nice action. The pacing is perfect, not too slow to lose the audience nor too fast that you can't tell what's heppening. And the opening and ending themes are SO good! 😆

I would definitely recommend this if your a fan of action and proper plot stories. 🙂

Thanks, I'll check it out then.

• Like 1

My most recent anime completed was Genius Party Beyond.  I was watching it with some pals on a stream.  Before that, we did watch Genius Party.

Genius Party was alright; it was a collection of OVA's that were mostly artsy-fartsy.  Because of how abstract and, possibly, avant-garde they are, Genius Party isn't for everybody.

• Like 1

Eden of the East 15033.jpg

What a fantastic first episode, don't remember the last time I was so quickly invested into a story. Great setup, OP/ED, and pacing that immerses you into the wild ride. Overall, the series does have it's enjoyable moments and an ending which peeks your curiosity to watch the sequel movie for answers. Still, I can't help but feel there was lost potential in the progression of the plot from what the first few episodes were able to set up. Maybe the sequel will change my mind about that...

On 7/28/2024 at 7:11 PM, Dave55811 said:

My most recent anime completed was Genius Party Beyond.  I was watching it with some pals on a stream.  Before that, we did watch Genius Party.

Genius Party was alright; it was a collection of OVA's that were mostly artsy-fartsy.  Because of how abstract and, possibly, avant-garde they are, Genius Party isn't for everybody.

This sounds interesting, it's some kind of anthology? Might check it out since I've been watching a lot of ovas recently, haven't had time for longer titles.