Moribito: Gaurdian of the spirit

hotspot

Balsa the spearwoman is a wandering warrior, who takes on the task of saving lives in atonement for a past sin. On her journey, she happens to save a prince and is tasked with becoming his bodyguard. And he is going to need one, for his own father, the emperor, wants him dead.

I saw the first episode on adult swim, at first it didn't seem to interesting but as the episode went on the more i liked it. has anyone seen this?

• 4 weeks later...

wow, this topic got old, but I'll bump it anyways.

I saw it on adult swim too, but I missed like an episode or two. IT actually is a very good anime, 26 episodes I believe, and to top it off, it is based off of a series of 10 novels, the first of the 10 I think. So there is more material. I watched the whole series online in japanese dub with english subs, as well as in english. I recommend it highly, despite the slight lag in the middle, it really is just to set up the greatness later on. And Balsa is awsome too.:)

• 10 months later...

It's aired up to 10 on TV in the US, but it's released up to 13 on DVD. O.o

It should start airing again sometime this month or next.

Anyways, I'm waiting for the rest of it to be released on DVD before watching this dubbed, because I don't want to start it then end up having to wait over a year for more to be released like what happened with the people watching the TV airings.

My sister already watched this subtitled though... so it's hard to keep from watching the episodes she has.

But I'll wait.. I heard the dub and it sounds really well done, probably one of the better dubs from the short part I heard.

I started seeing the first episode and it really wasn't doing it for me. Maybe I should give it another shot?

I seen a couple episodes here and there on Adult Swim last year and it seemed interesting. I haven't actually started the series from the beginning yet as I was waiting for it to be finished on dvd first, but I'd definitely say watch at least 4 to 5 episodes before throwing in the towel and deciding to drop or not drop it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I don't know. I've seen a couple of episodes and thought it was really really really boring. To be honest, even visually it's not that impressive...like even the artwork/visuals or whatever is boring.

Like Code Geass and even Death Note are artistically gorgeous, BLEACH's action scenes are awesome, Fullmetal Alchemist's animation effects are really well done (like when they actually do the alchemy)

I never really saw any style in this one...

• 1 month later...
Hmm, I don't know. I've seen a couple of episodes and thought it was really really really boring. To be honest, even visually it's not that impressive...like even the artwork/visuals or whatever is boring.

Like Code Geass and even Death Note are artistically gorgeous, BLEACH's action scenes are awesome, Fullmetal Alchemist's animation effects are really well done (like when they actually do the alchemy)

I never really saw any style in this one...

I think sometimes it can be boring too. But some episodes i find really entertaining.